Thread: Shaping pecs

ike9778 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shaping pecs

Being going to the gym consistently for almost a year now and been seeing some good gains but my pecs seem to be taking a weird shape particularly my left one which is abit more slanted, can anyone suggest anything particular to work on or should I just keep lifting as normal, not sure if it’s genetics or just in my head.

Thanks

Originally Posted by ike9778 View Post
    Being going to the gym consistently for almost a year now and been seeing some good gains but my pecs seem to be taking a weird shape particularly my left one which is abit more slanted, can anyone suggest anything particular to work on or should I just keep lifting as normal, not sure if it’s genetics or just in my head.

Thanks
    Couldn’t figure out how to upload a pic so just changed my profile pic

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most likely a genetics thing.
    They are going to grow how they are already set up just a larger version.
    You may sway shape with specific exercises but basically they will be how they are.
    It could be some type of issue that maybe you might want to see a physical therapist for but if it's not bothering you then maybe not.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Most likely a genetics thing.
    They are going to grow how they are already set up just a larger version.
    You may sway shape with specific exercises but basically they will be how they are.
    It could be some type of issue that maybe you might want to see a physical therapist for but if it's not bothering you then maybe not.

Thanks for the reply Yh it is bothering me abit id say just because it doesn’t really look as good and it just abit demotivating for weight training as I would like to have a nice looking body but I suppose if there’s nothing I can do about it I should just carry on, hopefully on a cut it will look much better

Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000)

Thanks
    maybe try some unilateral work, cable flies are a good way of achieving equal pecs.

Originally Posted by Montymaginn View Post
    maybe try some unilateral work, cable flies are a good way of achieving equal pecs.
    Yh I’ve looked into that it’s just abit confusing as some ppl are saying keep doing as I am and the other will catch up and others are saying unilateral workouts. Is it likely for the other pec to catch up?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is it likely for the other pec to catch up?
    If the imbalance is due to the right side being more dominant, yes. But unless you're a shot putter or something I don't think that would be the cause - seems more genetic. If you do independent arm work (dbs presses, cables, pec deck) it may help a little, but prob won't solve it completely. Give it a shot though - more muscle likely will mask it a bit.

Most of us have some asymmetries in our bodies - unless you want to compete someday don't worry too much about it.