jbmi227 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool Not dead after deadlift

Hey all,

So I've been serious lifting/eating for about 3 months now. I'm feeling great, lost a lot of fat and gained some decent muscle. I have a question about deadlift though. It is one of my favorite lifts, but I'm not sure I am getting the most out of it or using correct form. I usually do about 4 sets of 8, but after my last set I find that I am very much alive. It seemed pretty self explanatory: Deadlift - lift and then you're dead... right? I'm not out here doing alivelift or heavybreathinglift, which seems to be what i'm getting. I have also read about the importance of sleep in regards to repair muscle, so wouldn't death give you the best results for muscle gain with such an intense knocked out state. What do you all think? More weight? More sets? Would a high dose of preworkout help in achieving the correct results?

Thanks

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's called a deadlift b/c you're lifting dead weight, not b/c you lift and then you die.

You should judge the effectiveness of your DL by whether you see gains on the back side of your body, not by how dead you feel (although you may not see that much if only lifting for 3 months). Plenty of people do the remainder of their workout after they do DL, so it's fine if you still have energy afterwards.

But yeah, if you're having a jolly good time deadlifting and aren't taxed in the least once done, then you're probably not doing it right or pushing yourself hard enough to lift a truly challenging weight. If you want advice on form, post a video.

vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you are still alive after deadlifts, then you simply aren't done deadlifting yet... gonna have to come back next week and deadlift again.

If you want to end up dead after your deadlift workout, then you will need to step up your PWO game... a full 10 scoops, but you will also need to throw in some ephedra AND bugar sugar for good measure.
    You need to find that sweet spot where the stimulants are just enough to stop your heart, otherwise you just stay awake for days, which as you mentioned, hurts your gains.

... and if you take any of this post seriously, you deserve whatever the outcome is...
    Jason
    First USAPL meet Feb 17th, 2017. Results S/B/D - 350/303/419
    Building a garage gym...

My advice is from personal experience only, use at your own risk, lol

Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xpiro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The secret is to hold your breath throughout the set

dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you aren't herniating multiple discs, pooping out your intestines and fainting every set you are clearly doing it wrong