Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile workout duration for adults

Dear Gents,

I am 55. Good but average workout experience at my 20s and 30s then a break for many years. Restarted 3 years ago. My BMI is 25,4. Body fat 16%, visceral fat 12.8.

Cardio exercises 3 weeks per week at a moderate level. Duration 30 minutes.

2 times per week muscle building sessions: shoulder/chest/legs and back&arms. The duration of each session is 90 min inclusive of warm up 10 min and cool off 10 min.

Is that OK for my age and experience?

I heard the most efficient duration should be no more than 60 minutes warm up and cool off inclusive.

What do you think from your experience?

Thanks and cheers

dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000)
    most efficient for what?

workout duration doesn't matter as much compared to what exercises, what intensity and how much volume you are doing during that workout duration

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is no time limit - what matters is how much hard work you do during the session and over the course of weeks / months.

There is a balance to be struck between doing too little and achieving poor results - and doing too much and becoming too fatigued to continue. The first is a very very common issue, the second much less so.

The novice routines we have in the sticky threads at the top of the page take a good guess at how much work you need to do. Everyone is a little different of course but one of those would be a good starting point

Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    at that age keep it around 45 min . thats more than enough to keep u fit if u eat correctly .

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Taatz View Post
    at that age keep it around 45 min . thats more than enough to keep u fit if u eat correctly .
    While 45 minutes may keep the OP "fit", there is no reason to limit his workout to an arbitrary time.

Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    at that age u get tendons paine and other problems easy so i still suggsest to keep workouts short and simple and focus to eat correctly . cant build much muscle as a natty at that age so no point to push too hard

EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EarlA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    at that age u get tendons paine and other problems easy so i still suggsest to keep workouts short and simple and focus to eat correctly . cant build much muscle as a natty at that age so no point to push too hard
    Ack...Ack

Originally Posted by EarlA View Post
    u dont need to eat **** to know it tastes bad

Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ymammad View Post
    Dear Gents,

I am 55. Good but average workout experience at my 20s and 30s then a break for many years. Restarted 3 years ago. My BMI is 25,4. Body fat 16%, visceral fat 12.8.

Cardio exercises 3 weeks per week at a moderate level. Duration 30 minutes.

2 times per week muscle building sessions: shoulder/chest/legs and back&arms. The duration of each session is 90 min inclusive of warm up 10 min and cool off 10 min.

Is that OK for my age and experience?

I heard the most efficient duration should be no more than 60 minutes warm up and cool off inclusive.

What do you think from your experience?

Thanks and cheers
    If you feel good after such a training, then why not? So time is not redundant.
    bench press 167.5 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    standing press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

you are either straight trolling or a very ****ing stupid dick.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ymammad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for your time answering. Got some useful stuff. Basically, what I concluded is:

- no time limit unless health limit
    - however, the age may add some limitations
    - no records ambitions
    - in general, a workout with moderate weight of duration of 45 minutes net plus some time for mandatory warm up and cool off

Is it something that can be defined as a golden rule?

Best and cheers

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Better to use a ready made routine as I mentioned above - it will almost certainly be better that something you put together yourself.

This question and many others you didn't yet know existed will be answered by doing that. Designing routines is not just a few simple rules, its takes experience and knowledge.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    you are either straight trolling or a very ****ing stupid dick.
    big words for a skinny boy

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    With moderate intensity, 45 min ish

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    big words for a skinny boy
    Appreciate the confirmation of my point.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ymammad View Post
    Thanks for your time answering. Got some useful stuff. Basically, what I concluded is:

- no time limit unless health limit
    - however, the age may add some limitations
    - no records ambitions
    - in general, a workout with moderate weight of duration of 45 minutes net plus some time for mandatory warm up and cool off

Is it something that can be defined as a golden rule?

Best and cheers
    55 is not an age to be concerned. I’m 53 and I push hard in the gym. I work till I’m thru the program. Could be an hour , or more or less. My workouts are more intense then when i was younger. Do not buy into the “I’m old” stuff.