Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is a mass gainer the best route for me?

wondering if anyone could help me out,

i work in a job where im out most of the day so meal times are just normal lunch and dinner, i eat as clean as i can but after a macro count i struggle to hit even 2000 calories and im 6ft2, 204 pounds, around 15% body fat (never tested) but been training 3 or 4 days a week for close to 2 years now,

Im not going for a lean ripped look id prefer a more bigger fuller bulk look and was looking into mass gainers as an option as i dont have the funds to get it all naturally or the time for all the meals, according to calculators i would need to be around the 3000 mark for gaining do this seem correct and a mass gainer as a viable option?

If so can you recommend any, preferably one with creatine included in it,

If you need any more info just ask,

appreciate any help.

Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Similar to what I posted for someone else - If you want a "Mass Gainer", I'd suggest creating your own. My opinion, store bought Mass Gainers are a waste of money when you can make your own, or just eat more food in general. Example of a homemade Mass Gainer is 1-2 scoops of your favorite protein, half a cup of oats, banana (or other fruits), and milk. As for the creatine, I'd just buy a creatine supplement for daily use. It's pretty easy making a shake that's around 1,000 calories. Drink one in the morning and one in the evening if you're struggling to hit your goals. Or, just eat more calorie dense foods, such as pasta, peanut butter, or other types of nuts.

bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When in college and on a serious budget I literally used to grocery shop for the week for like $70. Buy the off brand and look for coupons/deals/specials. You can even shop at cheaper stores if you need to.

-Chicken thighs
    -Ground beef
    -Ground Turkey
    -Eggs
    -White Rice
    -Peanut butter/jelly
    -Loaf of bread
    -Potatoes
    -Pasta
    -Milk
    -Oats
    -Walmart Protein

In 2 years of eating like that (with beer and Doritos occasionally also) I gained 70 lbs. I was working out 4-5 days/week, playing intramural sports, going to class 5 days/week, walking all over campus, etc. I too was plagued with struggling to gain weight. graduated HS at 6'6" 180lbs. Sophomore year college (2 years later) I was 250...yes a little puffy because too many carbs, but that sounds like what you're going for.

A mass gainer doesn't have some secret ingredient that makes you gain weight, it just makes it more convenient for you to know exactly what you're getting calorie wise.....but believe me, they're not easy to get down, they're expensive and most are just loaded with sugar and other crap you don't want/need. Real, whole food is the better option.

Download "My Fitness Pal" on your phone and start tracking. Find out where you are and start adding calories.......it's literally as easy as 2-3 spoonfuls of peanut butter before bed or first thing in the morning with a glass of milk, hell add a scoop of protein to it.....before walking out the door.....boom 600 cals.

You can make easy gainer shakes.....there are literally 100's of recipes on the internet.

-milk
    -ice
    -protein
    -peanutbutter
    -oats
    -boom 700+/- Cals/40-50g protein/40-50g carbs/10-25g fat...depending on milk used

Other than that, you've just got to change your thinking about food. Getting in 200cals can literally take 10 seconds, you've just got to think ahead/meal prep and set yourself up to have what you need through the day or find a time (like at night) when you can get the extra cals in that you need.
    Last edited by bsmit107; 12-04-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rmcd14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Appreciate the repsonses, seems like a homemade approach may be the best option,

I just dont the time in day to stop and have little meals throughout so getting a big chunk of calories it what is going to be the plan,

Ill hunt online for a recipe that takes my fancy haha

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rmcd14 View Post
    Appreciate the repsonses, seems like a homemade approach may be the best option,

I just dont the time in day to stop and have little meals throughout so getting a big chunk of calories it what is going to be the plan,

Ill hunt online for a recipe that takes my fancy haha
    look for an ALDI near you. The prices are so much cheaper than other grocery stores that it's almost unbelievable at first
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me