Shalou is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should a weak teenager do stronglifts?

Hello, I'm a 15 year old teenager been going to gym for 2 months now. I wanted to ask, can I do stronglifts even if I'm kinda bit too weak?

Here is how much I can lift in compund exercises:

Deadlift: 50 Kg (110 pounds)
    Bench press: 20 kg (44 pounds)
    Squat: 30 kg (66 pounds (on smith machine))
    Barbell row: 25 kg (55 pounds)
    Shoulder press: 5 kg (11 pounds) (Can add only 2,5 kg to each side of bar)

All at 5 reps max

Information about my body:

Height: 172 cm
    Weight: 112 lbs
    Waist: 68 cm
    Left arm: 27 cm
    Right arm: 26 cm

Thanks for the help already.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes you can and make sure you eat to grow. No need to count calories just get a majority of your food in as nutritional food sources and top up with empty calories in order to cause weight gain. I would advise trying to eat 3 meals a day with some sort of protein in but again no need to count.

Follow how the program is set and no need to add anything until you stalled completely. The StrongLifts website explains all of this.

I personally used this as my first training program when it first came out in 2007 as a teenager a little older then you and it worked fantastic on the growing body. I came from being overweight to the biggest lad in my college for my age.

However you must also eat, be active and enjoy yourself socially and mentally.

https://stronglifts.com/5x5/#gref

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Yes you can and make sure you eat to grow. No need to count calories just get a majority of your food in as nutritional food sources and top up with empty calories in order to cause weight gain. I would advise trying to eat 3 meals a day with some sort of protein in but again no need to count.

Follow how the program is set and no need to add anything until you stalled completely. The StrongLifts website explains all of this.

I personally used this as my first training program when it first came out in 2007 as a teenager a little older then you and it worked fantastic on the growing body. I came from being overweight to the biggest lad in my college for my age.

However you must also eat, be active and enjoy yourself socially and mentally.
    I eat as much as I can. But suddenly there is a problem, the workout says I must add 2,5 kg on each workout, but my gym doesn't have any 1-1.5 kgs. And should I do StrongLifts 3x/week even if the previous workout been too easy?

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shalou View Post
    I eat as much as I can. But suddenly there is a problem, the workout says I must add 2,5 kg on each workout, but my gym doesn't have any 1-1.5 kgs. And should I do StrongLifts 3x/week even if the previous workout been too easy?
    Yes you should progress as described in my opinion by adding the weight stated as its weekly linear progression and you don't need to rush this. It gives you time to work perfectly on form which will be key later on.

When I started I just used the bar and slowly week on week added the weight on as needed. As for not having 1.25kg weights I would advise buying your own if need be and take them to the gym with you (2 obviously you can get these for about a max of £10 for a pair). It is difficult progressing by adding 2.5kg each time but that could be possible to begin with.

Gamedragon345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shalou View Post
    Stronglifts is for everyone who isn't intermediate, people start with just the bar, and can't even do the OH press. So don't worry bout it man, you ain't too bad. Needa work on those shoulders though, and make sure you stop using the smith machine. I'm 15 too, 8 months in, 255 pound deadlift, not super good, not super bad. Stronglifts is amazing, and when you get too strong for it, you can switch to texas method and madcow.

Originally Posted by Gamedragon345 View Post
    Stronglifts is for everyone who isn't intermediate, people start with just the bar, and can't even do the OH press. So don't worry bout it man, you ain't too bad. Needa work on those shoulders though, and make sure you stop using the smith machine. I'm 15 too, 8 months in, 255 pound deadlift, not super good, not super bad. Stronglifts is amazing, and when you get too strong for it, you can switch to texas method and madcow.
    Yeah, probably the biggest mistake I've made when I started weight lifting. After a week I started weight lifting I injured my left shoulder, and couldn't do bench press properly and couldn't do any shoulder exercises. What cause my shoulder get injuried was trying to lift so damn much weight. And I've been going to gym for 2 months, but we can say that I've started right now. Because I didn't know anything until know, like nothing, just zero information. Many injuries happened in 2 months. I injuried my back doing deadlift wrong, injuried shoulders, injuried arms. Anyways, why do you want me to stop using the smith machine? I mean, when I try doing Squat with just the bar I can't really hold myself and my foot keeps raising when I stand up.