Patol is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I own only a pair of 22lbs dumbbells (10kg)

Hi fellas, newbe here. I have a pair of 22lbs dumbbells to start my fitness journey. I live in a small apartment with no space for anything, in a cold city (weather sucks). And gym is too far away (no car). Sh!t. Odds are against me but I will prevail. I don´t know exactly how. Any ideas? Bodyweight exercises seem good.

I mainly do pushups, planks, bicep curls, push press and squats.

I will try to find a program without equipment, but I´m overwhelmed with that many programs that require gym. (I haven´t seen a section of plans without equipment needed, I want to mention that I want to start exercising and want to progressively upgrade equipment/gym).

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most weightlifting programs require weights in some form.

Since you're a beginner the 22 lb dbs are prob heavy enough (& maybe even too heavy for some) to use for a variety of other exercises (tricep extensions/kickbacks, lateral/front/rear delt raises, one arm rows, concentration curls, one leg DLs & other DL variations, etc).

Look up db only workouts and try out the diff exercises and see what works for you & your limited equipment. You can also find bodyweight-only workouts and can mix and match exercises as you see fit.

To progress over time you should try to get more dbs or an adjustable db set (e.g., Bowflex SelectTech). Otherwise you're just going to have to keep increasing reps or try other tricks to make things harder. If you can get a pair of adjustable dbs you can try a db-only program like F5, link below:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1266579671

Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hutrapper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Best thing you could do now is buy a decent version of the door chin up bar, if a decent version of such thing exists.

Next thing would be a set of standalone squat stands and a barbell and a bit of weight. I bet with the right stands you could store everything in a corner in three square feet of room.

Move the coffee table out of the way and with a chin bar in the doorway you'd be set up to chinup, squat, deadlift, overhead press, row, hanging leg raise and a most other stuff you can do with a barbell.. Bench press would be tough, but you can go a long way with pushups.

You could go a long ass way with that basic setup, and could use it in any tiny apartment I have ever been in. Adjustable dumbbells are fine, but a barbell and stands give you more ability to add weight and do more essential exercises even without a big setup, or a bench which is out of the question because they take up a ton of room. I feel like this would give you the ability to follow a decent program and actually progress without needing much room.

something like this.
    https://www.aosom.ca/item/soozier-sq...iABEgItFfD_BwE

Ideal? No, but if you take care to not go for max lifts, and are careful setting the bar down you should not have much need for safety bars. Maybe also grab a small rubber pad to protect the floor. One you could roll up and shove under the bed. Even a couple rubber tiles to set the barbell on.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
    Last edited by Hutrapper; 12-09-2019 at 01:03 PM.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buy a bicycle so you can bike to the gym. Its what Arnold did when he was young and poor.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    More sets, more reps, more reps and sets. You need to keep increasing your workload GRADUALLY. A good way to look at it is to multiply your "weight" x "reps" x "sets". Try to increase that number by 1-2% each week. Others may disagree on that number range.

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Need to invest in yourself just a bit more. PowerBlocks, Bowflex Select, some kind of adjustable weights, a bench, pullup bar and yes, a bike.

What paulinkansas said is good to a point, cause you are just starting out, but after time, you will only get good at pushups and any other bodyweight exercises.....
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671