americanhawk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Training upper body 2 days a week, lower body 1 day a week?

Hello everyone

I don't want any hypertrophy to my legs since my legs are already large. However I want to gain some strength and athleticism in my legs.

Can I train my lower body once a week for athleticism and strength purposes? Or is it gonna be a waste of time?

And is it ok if I train my upper body twice a week while I train my lower body once a week? So basically my training schedule will be something like this Sunday-upper,Tuesday-lower,Thursday-upper

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by americanhawk View Post
    I don't want any hypertrophy to my legs since my legs are already large.
    Doubtful.

I am 26 year old. Beginner. 6'0,165lbs
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can I train my lower body once a week for athleticism and strength purposes?
    Yes, you can train however you want.

I don't want any hypertrophy to my legs since my legs are already large. ... Or is it gonna be a waste of time?
    If your legs are already large then it won't be a waste of time since it may bring them down to regular human size. Although as pointed out above, your definition of large may be different than others.

And is it ok if I train my upper body twice a week while I train my lower body once a week?
    Yes, it's ok in the sense you'll be unlikely to do serious bodily harm, but it's not optimal.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Doubtful.
    I didn't say they are muscular. My hips and femurs are wide. Maybe I should have said that they are wider than my upper body.

My mid thigh circumference is 26.5 inches. I would say they are huge relative to my small upper

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't say they are muscular. My hips and femurs are wide. Maybe I should have said that they are wider than my upper body.

My mid theigh circumference is 26 inches.
    Train how you want.
    I doubt anyone who trains seriously for strength or bodybuilding will take you're excuse for skipping half your body seriously. However, if you don't care about that then it doesn't matter
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

[QUOTE=air2fakie;1592831131]

If your legs are already large then it won't be a waste of time since it may bring them down to regular human size. Although as pointed out above, your definition of large may be different than others.

/QUOTE]

I am a beginner. My legs are naturally large.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Train how you want.
    I doubt anyone who trains seriously for strength or bodybuilding will take you're excuse for skipping half your body seriously. However, if you don't care about that then it doesn't matter
    I didn't say that I want to skip half my body

TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    Strength and athleticism benefit from increased frequency more than hypertrophy but whatever.

Strength and athleticism benefit from increased frequency more than hypertrophy but whatever.
    I thought hypertrophy benefits from increased frequency due to volume increase

leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000)
    I thought hypertrophy benefits from increased frequency due to volume increase
    You can still keep the weekly volume as it is and spread it out twice a week. In saying that, what does your leg day actually look like?

Could easily do something fairly minimal eg. Squat 3x5 + RDL 2x8 for Lower A and Deadlift 3x5 + Front Squat 2x8 for Lower B with some minor calves and abs work added at the end. It would be better spreading it out that way instead of lumping it all into one workout. That way you’re at least squatting and training your hip hinge twice a week while keeping total volume fairly low.
    Last edited by leidenesLK; 12-03-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Originally Posted by leidenesLK View Post
    You can still keep the weekly volume as it is and spread it out twice a week. In saying that, what does your leg day actually look like?

Could easily do something fairly minimal eg. Squat 3x5 + RDL 2x8 for Lower A and Deadlift 3x5 + Front Squat 2x8 for Lower B with some minor calves and abs work added at the end. It would be better spreading it out that way instead of lumping it all into one workout. That way you’re at least squatting and training your hip hinge twice a week while keeping total volume fairly low.
    My leg day looks like this
    Squat 4×8
    RDL 3×8
    Leg press 3×8
    Leg curls 3×10
    Calves
    Abs.
    Last edited by americanhawk; 12-04-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Taatz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if u are not bodybuilder who compete dont worry and once a week is enough to look good. btw many ppl dun like monster legs.

Originally Posted by Taatz View Post
    if u are not bodybuilder who compete dont worry and once a week is enough to look good. btw many ppl dun like monster legs.
    OP is asking about strength and athleticism.

Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Doubtful.
    A centaur of some kind)))
    On the topic of conversation ... If there are no goals of maximum hypertrophy, then 1 workout per week is enough. Only for athleticism, this is also not optimal. Strength is a skill that needs to be trained often.
    bench press 165 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    overhead press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How much do you squat?

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    How much do you squat?
    I did 175lbs×8 squat in my last leg workout