fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fattofame3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up IF your fat and eat at maintaince you build muscle becuase of excess energy?

Hey GUys,

Just had this thought come in my mind as I am still fat and have been cutting and lifting and did not eat at maintenance and lift. The people that are fat and eat and maintenance, are they more likely to build muscle as their body has excess energy aka fat to use to building muscle?. What I am trying to ask or figure out is that when someone semi lean or slim starts to eat in a surplus they basically are consuming more energy hence they are able to build muscle. So theoretically someone that is fat or obese that has excess fat would be utilizing their fat aka energy to make muscle? Hopefully this makes some bull**** sense. Thanks

W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I wanted to chime in that you gotta think of your health too, being fat is a health risk, no gains if you're dead and it's no fun becoming a diabetic
    Brazilian Crew |<o>|
    IIFYM Crew
    Username is an Acronym Crew

What's Important Now?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    In theory yes.

Although it's complicated by the fact that fat people often have health issues such as insulin resistance which can act against positive body recomposition.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, if lifting on a proper program however you'll still be fat. That should always be addressed over attempting to build muscle. Best to lift properly, meet protein requirements and be in a weekly calorie deficit for best results regarding health and body composition.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It may be worth noting that in September (of THIS year) OP stated he is 5' 8" and 149 pounds...

John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000) John Prophet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    It may be worth noting that in September (of THIS year) OP stated he is 5' 8" and 149 pounds...
    dude has really let himself go lol
    "Humility comes before honor"

Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fattofame3 View Post
    Hey GUys,

Just had this thought come in my mind as I am still fat and have been cutting and lifting and did not eat at maintenance and lift. The people that are fat and eat and maintenance, are they more likely to build muscle as their body has excess energy aka fat to use to building muscle?. What I am trying to ask or figure out is that when someone semi lean or slim starts to eat in a surplus they basically are consuming more energy hence they are able to build muscle. So theoretically someone that is fat or obese that has excess fat would be utilizing their fat aka energy to make muscle? Hopefully this makes some bull**** sense. Thanks
    You are misunderstanding what eating at maintenance means.

If you increase your exercise you are burning more, if you don’t increase your calorie intake you are eating at a deficit

And yes there are certain conditions under which you can build muscle in a deficit which is generally restricted to noobs or the young

RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Yep, OP is skinny-fat and has already lost a lot of body fat. Still some way to go, but last I checked he was down to pretty low calories and probably experiencing some diet fatigue. A month or two at maintenance while continuing to lift would probably be a good thing.
    Height: 185cm (6'1")
    Weight: 76.6kg (169lb)

Current working weights:
    Bench - 6 x 50kg (110lb), 3 x 57.5kg (127lb)
    Front squat - 6 x 57.5kg (127lb)
    Back squat - 3 x 70kg (154lb)
    RDL - 6 x 77.5kg (171b)
    Deadlift - 3 x 90kg (198lb)
    Push Press - 6 x 47.5kg (105lb)