mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

confusing facts about coconut oil: spikes insulin levels and slows down digestion?

I have been doing a research how does coconut oil consumption affect insulin levels and also does coconut oil have any affect on digestion/abosrbtion of other nutrients consumed together with coconut oil.

The information and claims that I have come across are very confusing and conflicting. Some sources say coconut oil spikes insulin levels. Some sources deny that. Most of the sources claim that coconut oil provides a rapid energy, cause it consists of MTC fats that are easily digested and absorbed... so if it is true would it really slow down the digestion of other nutrients? And from other point of view if it is absorbed and digested quickly, would it spike insulin levels? Cause most of the foods that are absorbed quickly (like high GI carbs and whey protein) do spark insulin levels. I saw on one website that coconut oil's GI is around 24... so I wonder why would it spark insulin.

I am quite confused with all that information... So, does anybody has any reliable information regarding these 2 questions:

1. Does coconut oil spike insulin levels?

2. Does coconut oil slow down the digestion of other nutrients consumed together? Cause I have been thinking to use coconut oil before my workout together with the pre-workout supplement. I wonder would coconut oil slow down the absorption of pre-workout nutrients.

Thank you in advance.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why would you consume coconut oil as a pre workout?

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    Why would you consume coconut oil as a pre workout?
    You rub it on your nipples and the body absorbs it for extra energy. Great for bench press gains.
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Paulie1986 View Post
    You rub it on your nipples and the body absorbs it for extra energy. Great for bench press gains.
    Goes perfect with bullet proof coffee too
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mazonas View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but think it has very low effect on insulin. You probably want to go do some research into insulin itself to better understand why some foods affect it more than others. Don't just glance at indices or charts--actually try to learn about it. As a starting point, try to learn what the primary job of insulin is, and ask yourself why fats would have less of an impact on it than carbohydrates or proteins.

2. Does coconut oil slow down the digestion of other nutrients consumed together? Cause I have been thinking to use coconut oil before my workout together with the pre-workout supplement. I wonder would coconut oil slow down the absorption of pre-workout nutrients.
    Why in the good Lord's name would you want to do that? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm genuinely curious...

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have been doing a research how does coconut oil consumption affect insulin levels and also does coconut oil have any affect on digestion/abosrbtion of other nutrients consumed together with coconut oil.

The information and claims that I have come across are very confusing and conflicting. Some sources say coconut oil spikes insulin levels. Some sources deny that. Most of the sources claim that coconut oil provides a rapid energy, cause it consists of MTC fats that are easily digested and absorbed... so if it is true would it really slow down the digestion of other nutrients? And from other point of view if it is absorbed and digested quickly, would it spike insulin levels? Cause most of the foods that are absorbed quickly (like high GI carbs and whey protein) do spark insulin levels. I saw on one website that coconut oil's GI is around 24... so I wonder why would it spark insulin.

I am quite confused with all that information... So, does anybody has any reliable information regarding these 2 questions:

Thank you in advance.
    If you're doing it for the MCTs you're better off using MCT oil, not that that has proven benefits.

Coconut oil does not spike insulin but why are you worried about spiking insulin? You don't need to.

mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mazonas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rtpmarine View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but think it has very low effect on insulin. You probably want to go do some research into insulin itself to better understand why some foods affect it more than others. Don't just glance at indices or charts--actually try to learn about it. As a starting point, try to learn what the primary job of insulin is, and ask yourself why fats would have less of an impact on it than carbohydrates or proteins.

Why in the good Lord's name would you want to do that? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm genuinely curious...
    You probably did misunderstand me... Slowing down the absorption of pre workout amino acids is what I do NOT want to happen. I don't want to slow down the absorption of pre-workout amindo acids... So I am trying to find infor would coocnut oil+pre workout would be a bad idea or not. Cause you don't want anything to hinder the absorption of pre workout amino acids.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    If you're doing it for the MCTs you're better off using MCT oil, not that that has proven benefits.

Coconut oil does not spike insulin but why are you worried about spiking insulin? You don't need to.
    I know that insulin spikes hinder human growht hormone release. I do want to avoid spiking insulin levels throughout the day. I want to keep them at minimum.

It s confusing.. some sources claim coconut oil do spark insulin. From a certain point of view it makes sense.. coconut oil is being absorbed quickly... and most of the food that is going into your system quickly and rapidly without any prolonged digesting - sparks insulin (like white rice, white bread etc). But from other point of view coconut oil is fat.. having GI of 24, it should not spark insulin. So I am just confused.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have this thread about worrying about GI

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=177796911

And now you are worrying about insulin spikes

Both of which aren't something to be overly concerned about

But you didn't answer my question in the other thread: Are T2D?
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know that insulin spikes hinder human growht hormone release. I do want to avoid spiking insulin levels throughout the day. I want to keep them at minimum.
    Why?

Protein and carbs are far more insulinogenic than coconut oil. But eating carbs and protein will not make you grow less. Human growth hormone within the normal ranges has no significant effect on hypertrophy.

But like I said, if you're interested in the MCTs you should go for MCT oil instead of coconut oil.

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    You have this thread about worrying about GI

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=177796911

And now you are worrying about insulin spikes

Both of which aren't something to be overly concerned about

But you didn't answer my question in the other thread: Are T2D?

because high GI do spike insulin levels..

No, Im not type 2 diabetes.