Registered User shreyashonnalli's Avatar
    shreyashonnalli is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Need advice plez :(

Hey dudes

Im an 18 year old currently 2 years into lifting but new to bodybuilding forums. I need help on forming a meal plan as I have realised I cant just continue to eat what I want in order to continue to make gainz. Over last 2 years I have just increased amounts I have eaten and lifts have gone up as follows
    Bench - 40kg to 85kg
    Squat -60kg to 120 kg
    Deadlift - 70kg to 150 kg

My bodyweight stats over past 2 years-

height - 5'7
    Weight - increased from 49kg to 66kg
    fat % - around 16 to 19% currently

Right now I am in the middle of a long plateau (2 months) and I think this has made me realise I need to start getting serious about nutrition and working out seriously rather than going to gym and just lifting heavy stuff
    (I do have specific days but I go heavy on all exercises with good form. Split is backbis, chesttris, legs, shoulders. Go as often as possible).
    Im also scared ill end up in the regular cycle that regular gym guys go through to just end up looking 1% better after a year.
    I also feel like I should be hitting 100kg bench and a 140kg squat but strength gainz have been stupidly slow.

stats of my Maintenance cals required based on a calculator-
    2180 kcals

My question is will starting a diet plan that I can follow increase my strength gains rapidly or is my gains rate optimal(I wanna get shredded as fast as possible like 5 years max lol). Also based on these numbers can someone help on forming a diet for FAT LOSS as I wanna get down to 8% before continuing to build muscle. Complete noob in this area as all I know is the 33% plate ratio that athlean says lol so any advice is welcome

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by shreyashonnalli View Post
    Hey dudes

Im an 18 year old currently 2 years into lifting but new to bodybuilding forums. I need help on forming a meal plan as I have realised I cant just continue to eat what I want in order to continue to make gainz. Over last 2 years I have just increased amounts I have eaten and lifts have gone up as follows
    Bench - 40kg to 85kg
    Squat -60kg to 120 kg
    Deadlift - 70kg to 150 kg

My bodyweight stats over past 2 years-

height - 5'7
    Weight - increased from 49kg to 66kg
    fat % - around 16 to 19% currently

Right now I am in the middle of a long plateau (2 months) and I think this has made me realise I need to start getting serious about nutrition and working out seriously rather than going to gym and just lifting heavy stuff
    (I do have specific days but I go heavy on all exercises with good form. Split is backbis, chesttris, legs, shoulders. Go as often as possible).
    Im also scared ill end up in the regular cycle that regular gym guys go through to just end up looking 1% better after a year.
    I also feel like I should be hitting 100kg bench and a 140kg squat but strength gainz have been stupidly slow.

stats of my Maintenance cals required based on a calculator-
    2180 kcals

My question is will starting a diet plan that I can follow increase my strength gains rapidly or is my gains rate optimal(I wanna get shredded as fast as possible like 5 years max lol). Also based on these numbers can someone help on forming a diet for FAT LOSS as I wanna get down to 8% before continuing to build muscle. Complete noob in this area as all I know is the 33% plate ratio that athlean says lol so any advice is welcome
    You are gonna have to realize that results don't come quickly in bodybuilding

It's a slow process and getting shredded as fast as possible isn't the best way to go as you'd be on a likely path to losing too much muscle

Read the sticky below, has alot of answers/good info for you

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

I've read all of that and already pretty much implementing 70% of what's being said i.e. 1g of protein, alot of carbs and alot of fats. Despite all of this a 45kg bench increase over 2 years is kinda slow don't you think? A few of my mates start a year ago then suddenly rep 100 although they do have bigger muscle bellies due to being taller.

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have realised I cant just continue to eat what I want in order to continue to make gainz
    yes you can, assuming you're not eating fries all day with little to no protein. theoretically you should still make gains even if your diet consists of cheeseburgers and pizza

can someone help on forming a diet for FAT LOSS as I wanna get down to 8% before continuing to build muscle. Complete noob in this area as all I know is the 33% plate ratio
    fat loss? be in a caloric deficit, eating foods that make you feel full are good to combat hunger. while 8% bf might be a nice goal, i wouldn't really cut down that much as a natty(?), especially at the age of 18. no idea what the plate ratio is but make sure to get enough protein and fat, good luck
    munchies on a cut is the true test of discipline crew

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've read all of that and already pretty much implementing 70% of what's being said i.e. 1g of protein, alot of carbs and alot of fats. Despite all of this a 45kg bench increase over 2 years is kinda slow don't you think? A few of my mates start a year ago then suddenly rep 100 although they do have bigger muscle bellies due to being taller.
    Given how unspecific this is I doubt you read it, also it does not say to go for 1g of protein.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Given how unspecific this is I doubt you read it, also it does not say to go for 1g of protein.
    It does say 1g of protein per lb, and 1-2g per kg of fat

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    yes you can, assuming you're not eating fries all day with little to no protein. theoretically you should still make gains even if your diet consists of cheeseburgers and pizza

fat loss? be in a caloric deficit, eating foods that make you feel full are good to combat hunger. while 8% bf might be a nice goal, i wouldn't really cut down that much as a natty(?), especially at the age of 18. no idea what the plate ratio is but make sure to get enough protein and fat, good luck
    Thanks dude I made it last night and it looks promising 👍. And you're right about bf% at 18 I'ma cut down to 12%.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It does say 1g of protein per lb, and 1-2g per kg of fat
    Not quite.

"Protein minimum: 0.7 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).
    (for optimal body building purposes and during energy deficit higher intakes may provide additional benefits.)

Fat minimum: 0.4 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese)."

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823