henryalb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Abs won’t activate

Hello all, I took about a year break from working out. I was in pretty decent shape before, but now that I am back at it I can’t activate my abs anymore in my workouts. Whenever I do abs workouts, they sometimes feel very right and strained, but with no soreness, and sometimes I can’t feel anything there at all. I also get very bad soreness in my back and sometimes groin area when I do these workouts. Any tips?
    Thanks so much-Henry

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't need your abs to feel soreness after a session to indicate you worked them, but certainly if you are not feeling anything in your abs and you are feeling things in your back/groin that implies to me you are doing movements where your hip flexors may be taking over and you may be hyperextending your lower back in an attempt to increase the range of motion.

Do you have access to all of the standard equipment at a regular gym? What exercises have you actually tried recently?

Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by henryalb View Post
    Hello all, I took about a year break from working out. I was in pretty decent shape before, but now that I am back at it I can’t activate my abs anymore in my workouts. Whenever I do abs workouts, they sometimes feel very right and strained, but with no soreness, and sometimes I can’t feel anything there at all. I also get very bad soreness in my back and sometimes groin area when I do these workouts. Any tips?
    Thanks so much-Henry
    all about cnsistency, dont need to feel pain to gain muscle, just stay consistent and theyll grow hugely.

Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    You don't need your abs to feel soreness after a session to indicate you worked them, but certainly if you are not feeling anything in your abs and you are feeling things in your back/groin that implies to me you are doing movements where your hip flexors may be taking over and you may be hyperextending your lower back in an attempt to increase the range of motion.

Do you have access to all of the standard equipment at a regular gym? What exercises have you actually tried recently?
    great advice. I agree