RonRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face How do you get exercise while working at the office every day ?

I’m asking this question because I gained a bit of weight from nearly 15 years at the office.

I also suffer from backpain and neckpain. I’m already using a height adjustable standing desk and trying to do exercises for the neck and back.

I would like to hear about your solutions to avoid sedentary desk work and lose weight.

Thanks in advance to every reply
    Ron
    Gaining weight at the office got me going!

[don't advertise external URLs in your signature]

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Go to the gym at lunch time.

IMO things like standing desks are like a band aid on a severed limb. You need a properly targeted resistance training routine which you do at least 3 days a week for at least 45 minutes each time.

My solution to posture, weight management, preventing age related muscle loss etc. is to do exactly that. A well balanced routine like Fierce 5 - plus maybe some extra isolation movements like overhead shrugs and hip abductions may help deal with problematic muscles.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    By the way, keep links out of your signature please, it will be taken to be spam advertising which is not allowed on this forum.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Current job I exercise in a gym near to work which opens at 06:00.

In a previous job the gym was in the basement of the same buildings so lunch was possible (and my hours were a little flexible as I was judged on achievement not hours keeping a chair warm).

It's just juggling "life", there's no magic answer. How important is this for you?
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted Monday Oct 28th@76.8, Dec 7th@73.4, target 69.x Kg.

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RonRunner View Post
    I’m asking this question because I gained a bit of weight from nearly 15 years at the office.

I also suffer from backpain and neckpain. I’m already using a height adjustable standing desk and trying to do exercises for the neck and back.

I would like to hear about your solutions to avoid sedentary desk work and lose weight.

Thanks in advance to every reply
    Ron
    Eat less if you just want to lose weight no gym needed

I have a job where I sit all day, I just go after work, when I have court we have crappy chairs but I just do yoga and that helps
    Last edited by snailsrus; 12-03-2019 at 04:27 AM.
    Insta is username snails.r.us

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Make time to go to the gym. Get up earlier if you have to.

Or whatever time you think you may want to workout.

Morning workout may improve your mood and how you feel the rest of the day as well.

Some people take walks at lunch too, etc.

If you’re sitting long periods it might not be a bad idea to get up and stretch and move frequently.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.