fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How bad is it to go 8 hours without eating before bed?

I usually go 8 hours without eating before bed because that's just the way that I've always eaten and I don't really get hungry in the evenings, but lately I've been stalling on all my lifts and was wondering if that could be the reason. I know that a lot of people do IF, which is basically what I've been doing all my life, but IDK if there's any rules about scheduling your feeding window so far away from bed time. I like the way I eat right now, so I'd rather not change, but if it's messing with my gains then I will try to force some cottage cheese down my throat before bed time.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by fatmanforever View Post
    I usually go 8 hours without eating before bed because that's just the way that I've always eaten and I don't really get hungry in the evenings, but lately I've been stalling on all my lifts and was wondering if that could be the reason. I know that a lot of people do IF, which is basically what I've been doing all my life, but IDK if there's any rules about scheduling your feeding window so far away from bed time. I like the way I eat right now, so I'd rather not change, but if it's messing with my gains then I will try to force some cottage cheese down my throat before bed time.
    Well, are you in a calorie surplus or are you in a deficit?

When do you train? Do you train fasted or do you train after having food in you?

If you've been doing this for a long time, seems unlikely it'd be a new problem...

Going 8 hours without eating prior to sleep isn't the ideal way to recover, but assuming you get your daily nutrition in, it's not going to make a big difference unless it's somehow causing a problem with training intensity.
    The power of carbs compels me!

fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatmanforever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Well, are you in a calorie surplus or are you in a deficit?

When do you train? Do you train fasted or do you train after having food in you?

If you've been doing this for a long time, seems unlikely it'd be a new problem...

Going 8 hours without eating prior to sleep isn't the ideal way to recover, but assuming you get your daily nutrition in, it's not going to make a big difference unless it's somehow causing a problem with training intensity.
    I'm in a slight deficit right now (250-500 or so calories per day, depending on how disciplined I am). I always eat around 2-3 hours before I train. I'd been making gains until recently, though I was coming off a break from lifting in the past and I seem to have stalled at around where I was when I quit the last time.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm in a slight deficit right now (250-500 or so calories per day, depending on how disciplined I am). I always eat around 2-3 hours before I train. I'd been making gains until recently, though I was coming off a break from lifting in the past and I seem to have stalled at around where I was when I quit the last time.
    How long have you stalled for? How is your sleep?

If you've already regained all your lost strength, it's unlikely you'll continue making strength process as you cut unless you have a lot of excess fat on you... even then, like I said, you already got back to your pre-break strength, and losing strength in a deficit is usually what happens.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    How long have you stalled for? How is your sleep?

If you've already regained all your lost strength, it's unlikely you'll continue making strength process as you cut unless you have a lot of excess fat on you... even then, like I said, you already got back to your pre-break strength, and losing strength in a deficit is usually what happens.
    Sleep isn't bad. I wake up here and there but I can usually fall back asleep without any problems. I've been stalled on pretty much everything for more than a month now, so you're probably right about it being calorie related. I guess part of me wanted to believe that it was possible to keep making gains on a cut because occasionally you hear stories.

Sleep isn't bad. I wake up here and there but I can usually fall back asleep without any problems. I've been stalled on pretty much everything for more than a month now, so you're probably right about it being calorie related. I guess part of me wanted to believe that it was possible to keep making gains on a cut because occasionally you hear stories.
    It all depends. The more advanced you are strength wise, the less you'll be able to because you've already grown/adapted closer to your limits.

I'm not sure what your strength levels are, but it's always tough gaining strength on a cut... just the way it goes.

What kind of program are you running, how lean are you, and what are your lift numbers?