gainster972 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I stop bulking?

I've been bulking about 5 months now and I've been trying to keep it as clean as possible (aside from the brewskis on the weekends). I'm up about 15 pounds from where I started and I wouldn't say I look fat but i'm no longer toned and I can see a noticeable difference. Is this the point where I should do a mini cut or should I embrace the blubber and keep going? My main goal for this bulk was to bring my chest back up to speed with the rest of my body because it is the hardest part of my body to make progress on. I've made strength progress and gained a little size but not quite the amount I was hoping for and I don't want to lose it all if I quit now and start cutting.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Maybe

Picture would help - or at least some stats since we have no clue where you started from.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Google "what does 15 bodyfat look like" and you'll get images of people at different body fat percentages. Look in the mirror then pick a percentage using the images/tables as reference. Tell us what it is.

Your current body fat percentage will be an important factor in your bulk/cut/attempt recomp decision
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted Monday Oct 28th@76.8, Dec 7th@73.4, target 69.x Kg.

gainster972 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Google "what does 15 bodyfat look like" and you'll get images of people at different body fat percentages. Look in the mirror then pick a percentage using the images/tables as reference. Tell us what it is.

Your current body fat percentage will be an important factor in your bulk/cut/attempt recomp decision
    I'm 6 foot 200 right now I started out at 185. Based on the pictures I'd say im closer to 20 percent body fat. My abs aren't visible and I have more fluff in my face but I dont have a gut or anything.
    Last edited by gainster972; 12-03-2019 at 10:28 AM.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If aesthetics are your goal then I would say yes, maybe time for a cut to ~180ish

Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Animal2692 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gainster972 View Post
    I've been bulking about 5 months now and I've been trying to keep it as clean as possible (aside from the brewskis on the weekends). I'm up about 15 pounds from where I started and I wouldn't say I look fat but i'm no longer toned and I can see a noticeable difference. Is this the point where I should do a mini cut or should I embrace the blubber and keep going? My main goal for this bulk was to bring my chest back up to speed with the rest of my body because it is the hardest part of my body to make progress on. I've made strength progress and gained a little size but not quite the amount I was hoping for and I don't want to lose it all if I quit now and start cutting.
    You'd hardly lose any size and strength if you keep protein high and lift heavy. What you'd lose is intramuscular fat, a bunch of water weight, and stored glycogen, giving the appearance of smaller muscles.