oliver1king123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dumbbell chest press for mass?

Will the dumbbell chest press, help you gain mass just as well as bench press?

bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sure, if you implement it correctly. Otherwise it's just like any other exercise
    BP: 255
    SQ: 370
    DL: 455

Registered User nikeoneplatinum's Avatar
    nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nikeoneplatinum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's like any other exercise, it will work if you implement it correctly.
    Pull me out of body don't want it don't want in
    Feeble frail and rotting descending I'm lost in
    A structure that's collapsing don't want it cast into
    Maker take the body don't want it wants me

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel it's a better movement in that you can guide the weights where you can feel the chest the best.
    So when pressing you can arc the DB's inward being able to contract the pecs better than with a bar.
    With a bar though you can usually use more weight which also stimulates muscle even though the range of upper arm movement is shorter.
    With DB's once you get to a heavy weight they become harder to get into position to press.
    In my prime i was able to get 150 pound dumbbells in position but it wasn't easy and uses a lot of energy.
    What might suggest if your just after chest/pec development use dumbbells for reps and not go below reps of 5's and really 8-12 reps would probably be best.
    For both of these exercises for chest you need a more outward position with the upper arms away from the body.
    Good luck.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Only DBs for Chest Crew here

Ditched bench 9 years ago

The body doesnt know what you are using while exercising, be it DB, BB or machine

All it knows is you are adding stress (weight) to it and does it job, hopefully, by adapting to the stress
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by oliver1king123 View Post
    Will the dumbbell chest press, help you gain mass just as well as bench press?
    My wrists just can’t take a heavy enough load on dumbell press, I use wrist wraps, but cannot manage anything over 70 lbs. very well. I have a plate and screws in my left wrist so I have wrist issues. so for me it’s barbell for sure. There I can work with 185-215 for reps.

MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you’ll have a really tough time progressing with dumbbells. I use them out of necessity,as I get horrible tendonitis when I bench these days .
    Strange , as I had np with a bar till my late 40’s , then all of the sudden it started with forearm pain and got progressively worse .

As mentioned, getting them mounted can be a pita . I roll on my back with my arms straight and it works fir me , but it doesn’t work for incline .

I bought Power Hooks and they help a lot . I removed the Velcro strap as it made the diameter of the handle too big for my hands , and have no issues at all .

Attached Images
    Asteroid 2020

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd say I like using dumbbells more for chest presses, but there does come a time where stability becomes a problem. I reach a point where I can lift more for sets than I can get into position; i'll end up using up too much of the energy I need for the reps just setting them up. A good strong dumbbell holder i'd need in that scenario, that's for sure - those power hooks look like something i'd be interested in.

As far as how I respond to the lift, I feel my chest stretching and being challenged more with the dumbbells, plus I like the unilateral benefits so I think for me the bells win out. Even if i'm using less total weight, I feel like my chest is working harder in the end. Just my prerogative though.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/JzL371zp

William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50) William2018 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From personal experience I find the barbell has more control as my hands are clamped in the same position with even balance and I can increase the weight without any loss of stability and control. When I used the dumbbells I could not go too heavy with them as I found my arms would swing just a fraction out of sync with each other and this very slight imbalance would create a loss of control as I approached the final set and I found that other muscles were taking over to compensate for the imbalance to complete the final set. Dumbbells are good for high reps, but I prefer the barbell especially when it comes to heavily increasing the weight, as my concentration is more secure with both hands supporting the same weight and maintaining each rep with co-operative balance and control.
    Last edited by William2018; 12-07-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000) Deathguard is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No.... I mean, yea from nothing to putting up 100 lbs dumbells, sure it's fairly practical. Above that, and you will have a hard time setting up, and losing stamina just to get into position. What takes you to certain increments, like 135 -> to 225 is different than going from 225-315, and from 315 to 405 etc

Just get use to flat bench.

Use dumbell bench as an accessory if you must - after flat bench. dont get carried away with it tho.
    "May the wrath of Zeus descend upon you like a great black toad in heat"

Bench bro crew. (PR @ 315x18 or so).
    Bloat Lord crew
    50"+ chest crew
    19"+ arms crew
    Look like a lift crew, with shirt on crew.
    Have a gut crew.
    Crew crew.

MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MajorTendonitis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    No.... I mean, yea from nothing to putting up 100 lbs dumbells, sure it's fairly practical. Above that, and you will have a hard time setting up, and losing stamina just to get into position. What takes you to certain increments, like 135 -> to 225 is different than going from 225-315, and from 315 to 405 etc

Just get use to flat bench.

Use dumbell bench as an accessory if you must - after flat bench. dont get carried away with it tho.
    You make a good point about losing strength just getting them into position. I’ve only personally seen one guy who has a great build and only used dumbbells, but I’ve always suspected he’s using something stronger than creatine
    Asteroid 2020