DQ91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arms get soar pretty soon

I've been a regular at the gym for about 6 months now. However whenever I'm doing biceps and triceps (I do them on the same day) they get sore quickly and I can't exercise much longer. What is the solution to this? My workout program involves one bicep exercise followed by one tricep exercise:

Alternate Bicep Curls 10x3
    Tricep Rope Pushdown 10x3
    Alternate Hammer Curls 10x3
    Skull Crushers 10x3
    Preacher Curls 10x3
    Tricep overhead extention 10x3
    Barbell Curls 10x3
    Reverse grip tricep pushdown 10x3

Question 2: During tricep pushdown I sometimes feel some discomfort in my elbow and reverse grip tricep pushdown cause discomfort in my wrists, am I doing them wrong?

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why are you doing so much volume? If you focused on barbell pressing, heavy rows, and pullups you would see superior muscle growth and strength. That workout looks good for building musculer endurance and thats about it.

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DQ91 View Post
    However whenever I'm doing biceps and triceps (I do them on the same day) they get sore quickly and I can't exercise much longer. What is the solution to this?
    You could change your workout routine to something that doesn't have a day entirely for arms, but regardless, you should reduce your volume if you can't get halfway through your arm workout. Although high volume may work for some, you personally don't need 40 sets of 3 reps each for biceps and triceps (or 12 sets of 10 reps each either, depending on what you meant).

Question 2: During tricep pushdown I sometimes feel some discomfort in my elbow and reverse grip tricep pushdown cause discomfort in my wrists, am I doing them wrong?
    Hard to say without seeing a video, but lowering the weight likely will help and not doing so much volume that you can't finish your workout.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Why are you doing so much volume? If you focused on barbell pressing, heavy rows, and pullups you would see superior muscle growth and strength. That workout looks good for building musculer endurance and thats about it.

I do pushups but I can only do 3 or maximum 4. Then I do a few more assisted pushups.
    By reducing volume you mean I should reduce my reps and sets? If I want muscle growth and peak how will this look for bicep:
    Barbell Curls 8x3 (3 sets of 8 reps each)I start of with a 20kg barbell then reduce it to 15kg

Alternate Dumbell Curls: 8x3 (3 sets of 8 reps) with 10kg Dumbell

Seated Dumbell Curls: 8x3 (3 sets of 8 reps)

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You could change your workout routine to something that doesn't have a day entirely for arms, but regardless, you should reduce your volume if you can't get halfway through your arm workout. Although high volume may work for some, you personally don't need 40 sets of 3 reps each for biceps and triceps (or 12 sets of 10 reps each either, depending on what you meant).

Hard to say without seeing a video, but lowering the weight likely will help and not doing so much volume that you can't finish your workout.
    I do 3 sets of 10 reps each. Should I reduce these to like 3 sets of 8 reps each?

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do 3 sets of 10 reps each. Should I reduce these to like 3 sets of 8 reps each?
    You're missing the bigger picture - at your level you don't need an arm day w/ 4 diff curl variations for 3 sets each, which is why you can't even get through your workout. This obviously isn't working for you.

As mentioned above, at this stage you'd likely get better bicep development if you focused on pullups/pulldowns/rows - then w/ 1-2 curl exercises or none at all.