Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Weightlifting belt vs powerlifting belt?

Or in other words: A belt that's the same width all around, or a belt that's thicker in the back and thinner in the front?
    Which one should i get?

I read that the one with the same width all around is mostly for powerlifters who squat and deadlift heavy, and that the one with the wide back is more versatile.
    I squat and do pendlay rows (no deadlifts), and also plan on wearing a belt for military press and heavy calf raises.
    Is there one that suits me better than the other? (my lifts are not heavy)

Final question: I'm on a thin budget. Aliexpress sells belts for $15.
    I was thinking of buying one. I know a lot of people will hate chinese made products but since it's just a belt to keep your core tight, i doubt it really matters if it's not made of genuine top grain leather since i don't do competitive powerlifting. Of course quality matters but i can't afford over a $100 for a belt right now.
    My squats and pendlay row lifts are not high. My OHP is around 110 lbs.
    Still i want a belt that will help me with my lifts and keep my core tight.

I'm basically on a budget so a cheaper belt would help, but i also don't want to waste $15 on a bad belt.
    So should i get a cheap one, and if so, which type of belt.
    Or should i just continue lifting until i can afford a good quality belt, and if so, then which one should i get?
    Will rep for answers.

cliffs
    Which belt is best for me for doing squats, pendlay rows and OHP. The belt with width same around or thicker in the back?
    Should i spend $15 on a cheap belt for now and upgrade later or not buy a belt now and simply wait?
    Cobra Kai never dies!

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Or in other words: A belt that's the same width all around, or a belt that's thicker in the back and thinner in the front?
    Which one should i get?

I read that the one with the same width all around is mostly for powerlifters who squat and deadlift heavy, and that the one with the wide back is more versatile.
    I squat and do pendlay rows (no deadlifts), and also plan on wearing a belt for military press and heavy calf raises.
    Is there one that suits me better than the other? (my lifts are not heavy)

Final question: I'm on a thin budget. Aliexpress sells belts for $15.
    I was thinking of buying one. I know a lot of people will hate chinese made products but since it's just a belt to keep your core tight, i doubt it really matters if it's not made of genuine top grain leather since i don't do competitive powerlifting. Of course quality matters but i can't afford over a $100 for a belt right now.
    My squats and pendlay row lifts are not high. My OHP is around 110 lbs.
    Still i want a belt that will help me with my lifts and keep my core tight.

I'm basically on a budget so a cheaper belt would help, but i also don't want to waste $15 on a bad belt.
    So should i get a cheap one, and if so, which type of belt.
    Or should i just continue lifting until i can afford a good quality belt, and if so, then which one should i get?
    Will rep for answers.

cliffs
    Which belt is best for me for doing squats, pendlay rows and OHP. The belt with width same around or thicker in the back?
    Should i spend $15 on a cheap belt for now and upgrade later or not buy a belt now and simply wait?
    i spent 40 on eBay on a flex (not a well known or special brand) but they last forever

Go with this:
    10 mm thick
    4 inch wide
    Single prong

Learn how to use your breath when you use it, and be ready to break it in, if you can afford it look into pioneer belts
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Save your money. You don’t need one.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Murser View Post
    Save your money. You don’t need one.
    No one needs one

But he might want one. Or he wouldn't be asking, and they only contribute towards training, just another tool.

4inch 10 to 13mm single prong or quick release.

If you ever don't have to care about money then sbd lever
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I use my 3" Best Belt for everything now. I have a 4" lever belt but never use it anymore. The 3" belt is just a whole lot more comfortable, especially for pulling.

There are some budget belts on Amazon with good reviews.
    β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #53 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So should i get a belt that's the same width all around or those with a wider back side?
    Thanks for replying.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So should i get a belt that's the same width all around or those with a wider back side?
    Thanks for replying.
    I personally think a 4" belt that tapered to 3" in the front would be ideal. Others like the support of a full 4" belt.
    β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #53 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    I personally think a 4" belt that tapered to 3" in the front would be ideal. Others like the support of a full 4" belt.
    I do and I have a tiny frame
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for replying.
    The same.

4 inch generally, 3 inch for a lot of lasses
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee