TRTKid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I don't think I'm losing any weight.

Hey,
    I am 19 and 238lbs and 182cm lonng, I'm currently eating 2000kcal per day and training weight lifting 3-6 times a week.

I have tracked my weight every single day to try to figure out my TDEE.
    But the weight change very often and much even though I eat the same.

Thurs 108.5kg / 239.2lbs
    Fri 109kg / 240.3lbs
    Sat 108.1kg / 238.3lbs
    Sun 107.3kg / 236.5lbs
    Mon 108.6kg / 239.4lbs

Why does it fluctuate so much? I check the weight the same time and always first thing in the morning. I don't know if I'm losing weight or gaining.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your weight fluctuates based on how many calories you eat AND based on a variety of other factors such as your hydration level and how much food is in your digestive system. Tracking it on a daily basis is fine but you need to expect those small fluctuations like what you're seeing. What you want is a downward trend over a period of weeks and months. To begin with, eat the way you are right now for 3-4 weeks. Then, look at your starting weight and Week 4 weight and adjust your calories up or down based on how much weight you've lost.

jit789 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TRTKid View Post
    Hey,
    I am 19 and 238lbs and 182cm lonng, I'm currently eating 2000kcal per day and training weight lifting 3-6 times a week.

I have tracked my weight every single day to try to figure out my TDEE.
    But the weight change very often and much even though I eat the same.

Thurs 108.5kg / 239.2lbs
    Fri 109kg / 240.3lbs
    Sat 108.1kg / 238.3lbs
    Sun 107.3kg / 236.5lbs
    Mon 108.6kg / 239.4lbs

Why does it fluctuate so much? I check the weight the same time and always first thing in the morning. I don't know if I'm losing weight or gaining.
    I think you should keep going on for some more days. Do not check on daily basis. It takes times and depends on many other things.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Regression analysis based on your limited data suggests that you are losing about 1kg per week. Seems pretty good.

Actually, you should take readings everyday - otherwise it's harder to pick the trend out of the noise.

I'm assuming here that you didn't literally start 5 days ago. If you did, then there will be a greater loss in the first week due to adjustments in the levels of water you are carrying. So subsequent weeks won't be as good.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 12-04-2019 at 01:22 AM.