kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Week 13 Results w/ All-Pros: Bored. What’s next?

**Macro counting and CUTTING***

31 Years Old
    6’00”
    Complete Beginner
    Goal: Cut fat/weight until I can bulk
    Routine: All Pros

Week 1:

215lbs
    Approx 22-25% BF

Week 13:

187lbs
    Approx 16-18% BF

Lifts Week 1: 2 sets of 8 reps (lbs)
    Bench: 115
    Squat: 150
    Bent Over Rows: 95
    Overhead Press: 45
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 135
    Barbell Curls: 50

Lifts Week 13: 2 sets at 10 Reps
    Bench: 135
    Squat: 180
    Bent over Rows: 115
    Overheard Press: 60
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 165
    Barbell Curls: 60

As you can see, I am having beginners magic to be cutting drastically while increasing weight and reps. It’s a slow progressing routine which seems to work fine since I’m cutting.

As of now I am still gaining but I can tell it’s starting to get slower. I struggled harder than ever tonight adding that extra rep on heavy night.

My goal was to cut down to 13% and then bulk to 15-16% and keep alternating. At this point, I know my lifts are weak, but calculating my 1 Rep Maxes I’m getting closer to not being a “beginner”. I’m on my third cycle of All Pros and really am dying to go to a bulk diet so I can really see some gains in strength but I just wanted to fight it all the way down to a respectable body fat and get my belly flat.

At this point, I’m wanting to find a new routine while I’m at it. I’m really not bored with the routine but I do feel that it’s going to be too slow of a progression for me to stick with it while “bulking”. I’m thinking I’ll finish this cycle out (about 3 more weeks) while cutting and do a bulk diet which leads me to ask, what routine should I go to!?

I looked at 5X5s, but read a lot about it being more of a strength training routine. I’m after gaining mass/figure more so than strength when bulking.

Also, I’m ballparking me at 16ish percent body fat now, I’m hoping in 3-4 weeks to confidently claim 15%. The problem I’m seeing with my belly and chest I believe is really just a lack of muscle, so I’d like to change that. Maybe bulk back to 18% or so and then finish my cut goal of 13%.

What would you recommend? Should I just touch it out for the next 8 weeks and knock out this cycle and one more while cutting? I ask that because I’m not too keen on bulking when I haven’t reached my fat goal. At the same time, I think I lack the muscle needed to get my goal anyways, and I’m ready to dramatically increase my lifts and size which isn’t going to happen while cutting. It’s very co conflicting for me.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Progress is progress.

You can use the same routine while bulking, but if you’re super bored I’d say pick something else.

You could try something like the novice bodybuilding routine by Eric helms, it may be more up your alley.

5/3/1 with a bodybuilding emphasis.

There’s numerous routines you could do, adhering to something to more important than the exact design.

It’s degrees of “optimal”

kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kag2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    Progress is progress.

You can use the same routine while bulking, but if you’re super bored I’d say pick something else.

You could try something like the novice bodybuilding routine by Eric helms, it may be more up your alley.

5/3/1 with a bodybuilding emphasis.

There’s numerous routines you could do, adhering to something to more important than the exact design.

It’s degrees of “optimal”

Thanks for the response.

I’m thinking I need to stick what I’m doing and keep cutting for another 2-3 months but I’m so ready to start bulking and actually see some changes.

I thought mass routines were hypertrophy routines requiring more reps? I’m a complete noob so forgive me if I’m sounding the part.

I noticed 5X5s a lot of places have it listed as a mass gaining routine as well, but I see a lot of people saying there aren’t enough reps for real mass gaining. Of course it would result in growth due to gaining Strength, but isn’t optimal.

I just want to ensure I’m sound the most efficient workouts for results. What I did like about the 5X5s was the fast progression. Which is another issue I find with a lot of routines is there is no clear direction of progression.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kag2020 View Post
    Thanks for the response.

I’m thinking I need to stick what I’m doing and keep cutting for another 2-3 months but I’m so ready to start bulking and actually see some changes.

I thought mass routines were hypertrophy routines requiring more reps? I’m a complete noob so forgive me if I’m sounding the part.

I noticed 5X5s a lot of places have it listed as a mass gaining routine as well, but I see a lot of people saying there aren’t enough reps for real mass gaining. Of course it would result in growth due to gaining Strength, but isn’t optimal.

I just want to ensure I’m sound the most efficient workouts for results. What I did like about the 5X5s was the fast progression. Which is another issue I find with a lot of routines is there is no clear direction of progression.
    Programs are programs.

Mass and fat loss are diet
    Programs that advertise strongly as for one of those are generally fad filled supplement ads.

Take a look at the bridge 1.0 on barbell medicine for a nice free autoregulated evolution too Allpro or any 3 day novice lp really
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee