Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000) AlienAppleSeed is just really nice. (+1000)
    3 years ago I tried the alpha, and was getting framerates of 3-4. It was so bad it took me about 30 minutes to get out of the hangar. Then the framerates were a LITTLE better, but still very low for a flight sim. About a year later, playing on a significantly upgraded machine (very game worthy at the time, and still pretty good), I was getting framerates of 5-6 in the hangar, so I quit and uninstalled. I did not even bother with the latest alpha, since I have not upgraded my computer. If they start lauding how they have significantly improved framerates, I may try it again.

Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Underwrought is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AlienAppleSeed View Post
    3 years ago I tried the alpha, and was getting framerates of 3-4. It was so bad it took me about 30 minutes to get out of the hangar. Then the framerates were a LITTLE better, but still very low for a flight sim. About a year later, playing on a significantly upgraded machine (very game worthy at the time, and still pretty good), I was getting framerates of 5-6 in the hangar, so I quit and uninstalled. I did not even bother with the latest alpha, since I have not upgraded my computer. If they start lauding how they have significantly improved framerates, I may try it again.
    Your frames now should be a lot better now, but still stutters and is not great or smooth at all. Waiting to see if 3.8 SOCCS improves it more, but I doubt it considering they didnt highlight that as a result in the citcon demos.

BUT even if you did get better frames who the hell cares? Still nothing to do other than boring ass repetitive generated fetch missions. Or 'hauling cargo' from once station/outpost to another. Even though it has components of a game, you still cant 'play' it. It feels hollow and empty.

bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is a perfect example of why I never preorder anymore and don’t get too invested into games until they release

Squadron 42 looks fun and I’ll take a look at it if and when it ever releases. Until then, I forget about it until another thread pops up once a year or so
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions