Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Incline bench, shoulder press... barbells/dumbbells

If a program would call for military press and incline Dumbbell Bench press, could it be beneficial to occasionally cycle in seated dumbbell shoulder press and incline barbell? Especially in the face of plateaus?

dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sure

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes but don't expect to progress if you're breaking your program.
    You eat where you're at.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like standing presses since they allow the scapula to move naturally without being pinned to a bench. Makes for stronger and healthier shoulders.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xpiro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Yes but don't expect to progress if you're breaking your program.
    I am not currently progressing/I’ve had to change the program several ways in the past due to injuries and still made gains

I’m stalled in incline DB (10 lb jumps are a btch) and OHP, and a.) I want a larger chest and b.) I want more symmetry in my shoulders, so I figured this temporary switch up could help.

Your comment digs into a lot of the confusion I’ve been having about programming. I will see all of this advice from various sources for intermediate trainees about how to set up volume schemes, frequency etc. so okay, I’ll try to set up a program based on these guidelines, and then I’ll be told to get on a real program. I have been doing nothing but following established proven programs for the last 3 years (1st year or 2 were me winging it having no idea what I was actually doing), am stalling constantly, so naturally I look for more advice... try to tweak an existing program based on strategies handed to me by experienced lifters and then once again get told to stick to the program. What gives?
    Last edited by Xpiro; 12-02-2019 at 03:42 PM.