Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nothingshocking View Post
    fun fact, I went home and told my wife we were moving to New York when I graduate, and she said not if you want to have kids we're not
    Yeah...well, the question might be: "Do you want to raise kids in NYC, even as a 0.1%er?"

My wife and I just moved here a few months back and we are already considering "where next" but after we soak up some additional wealth. I want to extend our property investments into something that would be a five digit net monthly income (taking into account relevant capital gains tax) but she is much more "free" in terms of acquisition approaches. And I prefer it that way - I get bored of talking to IBers if I'm honest and like certain hedge types much more.

300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000) 300Lane1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Local Government Finance here. Work for a county that has roughly 100k population and run a budget of about 7.5m with about 50 employees. I don't manage anyone, benefits are great, retirement is 2.7% at 55, nobody bothers me, office, can misc.....Like someone above me said, those that are good are paid and paid well, those that aren't, well aren't,

Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Godfrd824 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheWeeknd4Ever View Post
    Oh, we’re doing currency conversions. That makes no sense. If I was in new york I would be making wayy more than this and in US dollars becauuse, cost of living. So, what you are saying makes no sense.

Oh wow, cool. Comparing per hour wages to salaries is retarded but ok, have at it. In no metric do you make more than me or most people in finance, and the gap will just continue to widen over the years. That’s the upside. Not sure what you are talking “what may never be”, you seem confused and still think the pay scale is speculative instead of definite. I’ll let you know when I’m at 300k in the next few years and i look forward to you telling me you still make more than me per hour
    There's no need to get defensive. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I apologize if I came off that way. I'm also paid a salary, but I'm not stupid. I base what I make and what I should be making based on the amount of hours worked. There is no way in hell I'd work 16 hours a day, 5 days a week for what I make now. I also don't live in New York, I bought a remodeled 3 bed 3 bath house for $230k, I'm pretty sure wherever you live is more expensive than where I live. Regardless, i look forward to you telling me when you've made it to $300k, I'm sure by that time I'll be making about the same amount you are, and still working half as much.
    "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. . . . Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place." -Tecumseh

vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000) vulgoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    self employed crew

Semi-Aesthetic/10 TheWeeknd4Ever's Avatar
    TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWeeknd4Ever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Godfrd824 View Post
    There's no need to get defensive. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I apologize if I came off that way. I'm also paid a salary, but I'm not stupid. I base what I make and what I should be making based on the amount of hours worked. There is no way in hell I'd work 16 hours a day, 5 days a week for what I make now. I also don't live in New York, I bought a remodeled 3 bed 3 bath house for $230k, I'm pretty sure wherever you live is more expensive than where I live. Regardless, i look forward to you telling me when you've made it to $300k, I'm sure by that time I'll be making about the same amount you are, and still working half as much.
    Fair, sorry I took it the wrong way and got defensive.

At the end of the day man, I agree with what you said. Bankers say they make a lot of money but at the end of the day, you are working like a fuking slave. It can be extremely brutal, and some places are much worse than others. If you want to survive you really need to be a specific kind of person, truly understand the sacrifice, like what you do and get with a good group. If you have that combo you can make it and maybe, maybe it will be worth it when it is all said an done.

I think I’ve found those things and I haven’t been completely broken within my first year so, I think I’m on a good pace. Would I like more free time? Hell yes. Do I enjoy working 16 hour days? Hell no. Just that trade off between short term pain and long term gain.

But yeah, it really doesn’t matter how much you make after like 100K if you are a single guy living in an affordable city. A lot of other things more important than money, and I think that is what you are getting at and I agree.

So, cheers. There is upside to these professions for anyone thinking about taking a stab, but you really need to weigh the opportunity cost and understand what you are giving up

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by mchabs View Post
    if you struggle to get an accounting job right out of school you're doing something wrong. public accounting just wants bodies due to the high turnover
    if someone from here is able to get me into a company im not gonna say no.

also ive only applied to one place so far. im tryna just enjoy the semester but im not worried about an internship for the summer if I don't get one id have to be an idiot like you suggested

also can a new recruit get some pity recs from you forum veterans?? some vegan phag negged me because I told him not everybody wants to cook with avocado oil. thx in advance
    Trump 2020

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by r32gojirra View Post
    Don’t know about “worth” but zegnas are around that price and considering people buy suits with after-tax dollars, it does happen
    There are some nice Zegnas but I prefer bespoke suits from Ozwald Boateng on Saville Row London. I have posted pics before in the 'show your latest purchase' but not much of the suit because bespoke -> identifiable perhaps and you know what this forum is like.

Having said that - the fine suits thing is a personal choice. And even those here in NYC who are 'balling' and loitering outside the NYSE wouldn't be able to recognize some of my suits. And that's the point - Zegnas are very recognizable, mine aren't.

And even having said all this - it isn't exactly smart to blow 10s of thousands of dollars on suits. I have a thing for vintage Hermes ties too. But that's part of the 'earn <-> spend' relationship, no?