LiftersInc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Too much protein?

I'm currently 16 years old, 5'5", 120 lbs. I'm fairly lean and train intensely. If my current intake is ~3000 calories, is 200-250 grams of protein too much? If so, why and what should I change?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's way more than you need. Eat more carbs and fat instead.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's really no benefit to eating that much protein, and first and most obvious downside is the cost (protein is typically the most expensive macronutrient, so why pay for it if you don't need it).
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Joshua455 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    It's way more than you need. Eat more carbs and fat instead.
    Totally agree, no need to eat too much protein. Just eat healthy.

This is an average day for me. Any dietary suggestions?
    Attached Images

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LiftersInc View Post
    Yes:

1. Delete MyFitnessPal
    2. STOP COUNTING CALORIES and Eat to hunger
    3. Eat wholesome, nutritious food most of the time
    4. Make sure your sleep, schoolwork, social/life, and family priorities are in order
    5. Get a good novice/beginner program like Fierce 5 Novice and spend the next 3-4 years making as much progress as you can on that plan.
    The power of carbs compels me!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No need to track calories at your age. Just eat too hunger. Make sure to gain weight.

No need to eat six meals per day, but you can if you prefer so.

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Yes:

1. Delete MyFitnessPal
    2. STOP COUNTING CALORIES and Eat to hunger
    3. Eat wholesome, nutritious food most of the time
    4. Make sure your sleep, schoolwork, social/life, and family priorities are in order
    5. Get a good novice/beginner program like Fierce 5 Novice and spend the next 3-4 years making as much progress as you can on that plan.
    This you’re 16 and male and super lean based on stats, you could eat like a horse and be fine most likely. Listen to your body, eat when hungry stop when full and if your craving something like protein or carbs just eat them and don’t worry about macros, your body is smart it knows what it needs.
    Insta is username snails.r.us

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bro, your farts must be extreme. Cut back the protein and just eat whatever you want.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    No need to track calories at your age. Just eat too hunger. Make sure to gain weight.

No need to eat six meals per day, but you can if you prefer so.
    I actually normally don't track; I did a little when I started training and I put this in to show an average day for me, but I almost never log my food. I'm just trying to be healthy and learn about nutrition as I get older and more experienced. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, because eventually I will be older like you and would like to know about proper nutrition for health and building muscle.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I actually normally don't track; I did a little when I started training and I put this in to show an average day for me, but I almost never log my food. I'm just trying to be healthy and learn about nutrition as I get older and more experienced. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, because eventually I will be older like you and would like to know about proper nutrition for health and building muscle.
    Easiest approach is to focus on eating primarily whole and unprocessed foods:

Fruits
    Veggies
    Lean meats and dairy
    Eggs
    Whole grains
    Nuts and nut butters

Beyond that, it’s all about eating enough to fuel your body.

Your diet doesn’t need to be 100% whole food, but you do need to make sure you at least have enough whole food nutrition to get fiber and vitamins/minerals.
    The power of carbs compels me!