NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Core home fitness dumbbells?

Anyone have tried these? How are they?

https://www.amazon.com/Core-Fitness-.../dp/B01J8S38LW
    Age 32
    BJJ : Purple belt (RGA)
    judo/wrestling: yellow
    Muay Thai: North jersey Muay thai

Ron Paul 2012

DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000)
    I really wanted dumbbells with flat bottoms for ease of getting into position by kicking up from your knees to bench.

Power blocks are the way to go and youll find many positive reviews. I have a pair and they're pretty sweet and very durable under at 50lbs and lower. There was a deal for the 50lb set recently for 200 this week. Much better buy even at $300. If you plan to go higher than 50lbs, just make sure you buy a kit that can be expanded.
    Last edited by DarthCholo; 11-30-2019 at 08:34 PM.

NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Power blocks looks so clunky and feels like they will be slow and sluggish to change weight. This one seems very simple and has the traditional type of look with flat bottom so you can still rest on knees. No one tried these? What does power locks have over these?
    Age 32
    BJJ : Purple belt (RGA)
    judo/wrestling: yellow
    Muay Thai: North jersey Muay thai

Ron Paul 2012

DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000) DarthCholo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NiR View Post
    Power blocks looks so clunky and feels like they will be slow and sluggish to change weight. This one seems very simple and has the traditional type of look with flat bottom so you can still rest on knees. No one tried these? What does power locks have over these?
    simple design, has some plastic but does not open up to breaking much unless you drop, good warranty, expand-ability.

I think i read reviews for those that you want that they were still clunky and easy to break. Some of the weight configurations also are weirdly shaped still

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are a few reviews complaining about the Core Fitness DBs getting stuck in the cradle at 35-50+ lbs. Aside from that, I tend to stay away from generics. They tend to be poorly made and if they fail, good luck getting the company to stand behind their product.

I'm going to second the recommendation for Powerblocks also. Well made, easy to change weights for the most part. My main complaint would be the adder weights. If price was no object, I'd go for one of the Club sets that have no adder weights. Powerblock is also very good in regards to customer service and that's something I rarely say about any company these days. I've even had them replace small items (stickers, pins) gratis for sets I picked up used. (I finally settled on the Pro Exps, which are my current PBs).