helpmeout1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

difference between push ups and which one do you think is harder?

So I just actually started doing knuckle push ups today and I find that much harder then diamond push ups so is there any benefit to doing both or just focus on one type of push up?

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you want to try different pushup variations, go for it. As you get stronger, it's a good idea to go for harder variations. Other types to try would be closer grip, or elevated grip handles (for greater range of motion), or toes elevated on a platform.

You can do regular pushups on a rest day, and harder variations as accessories during workout days. There are any number of ways you can approach it.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.

latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) latverian41 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by helpmeout1 View Post
    So I just actually started doing knuckle push ups today and I find that much harder then diamond push ups so is there any benefit to doing both or just focus on one type of push up?
    Diamonds are nothing compared to Canadian push ups

Good luck with those
    "it takes a wise man to know when he is in error and a noble man to admit to it"

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by latverian41 View Post
    Diamonds are nothing compared to Canadian push ups

Good luck with those
    Canadians are nothing compared to Cambodian pushups.

Good luck with those.

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The variance between certain types of pushups can amount to minutia with some getting particularly hard of course. Pretty much just make sure you're operating at the same performance with appropriate coordination.

I don't think knuckle pushups are that weird given that you give your forearms enough leverage, keeping them perpendicular with the ground and maybe pushing from more of a 45 degree elbow orientation rather than flaring them out. Basically wherever it makes it easier to drive more force through.

Like, more like the second picture instead of the first picture:

Last edited by GeneralSerpant; 12-01-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    You eat where you're at.

JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JaymzJ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Canadians are nothing compared to Cambodian pushups.

Good luck with those.
    There is no comparison between Canadian pushups and Cambodian pushups.

FTFY, Cambodians learn from the best tho
    Imagine all the people, living life in peace
    You, you may say I'm a dreamer...
    but I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you will join us, and the world will be as one

Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Diamond supposedly targets the triceps more. Some people I know that do knuckle push ups, it was because of wrist pain from the "normal" hand position or they are trying to condition their fist/wrist for punching. Regards to what is harder between those two, gunno guess which ever you are less use to doing. Personally, I do regular push ups (and most others) with my hands just slightly wider than shoulders, and a crap ton of dips, so I don't bother with diamond. I do feet on ground (regular), feet elevated, pike (for shoulders), pseudo planche push ups and tucked planche push ups. As well as planche leans and straddle planche holds (upper and lower) and also working on handstand. When I do planche skill stuff, I try to do most of it on short parallete bars.

As far as the hardest push up, gonna go with 90 degree push ups. First you gotta be strong at pushing to a handstand. Drop down like you're doing a combination handstand push ups with bent arm planche, then push yourself back up.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Warrior

No period....eternal

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends what your goal is with them.
    The knuckle push ups have a smaller base to push from while the diamond push up with the close hand placement has a longer push to lockout.
    The knuckle push up is a favorite of some martial arts.
    The diamond is a good tricep movement if locked out completely.
    I would set a goal with one or the other and achieve it then try the other style with a goal in mind .
    Compare and come to your own conclusion with whats better for you.

Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Casca is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Also, make sure to go full range of motion. I am not the form check police, but there are a lot of people doing push ups at my gym and a lot are so far off. It is not even close. Some guys in the down position and it looks like they are just vibrating because their range of motion is nothing. They go from down to up and it probably is not much more than an inch difference Arms never go straight. Some guys in the up position with sagging lower body, arms never get close to 45. I try to purposely use scapla for a lot of things. For push ups and dips, I don't do it for every set, but will have at least 50 reps where I go all the way up by protracting the scapula.

Dead serious. There are more than just a few guys that do push ups something @ these videos at my gym. Some of them are even in shape.

☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Warrior

No period....eternal

jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jademonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've done push ups on my knuckles most of my life, always found them to be easier that way. I like the neutral wrist position. It's comfortable. It increases range of motion a tad, but still think they are easier than flat hands.

Form - yeah I see so many people doing crap form also. The way I always told my gymnasts to do it was: draw an imaginary line between fingertips (flat hand version), and touch the chin and nothing but the chin to the floor in front of the imaginary line.
    Current.....................315 / 285 / 475............177 lbs
    July 1, 2019.................................................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Early March 2019......275 / 245 / 405.............173 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs