pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz

Question Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Is it worth it?

The base price of the controller is $180.

So, does anyone have this or think it's worth it? I'd really like to have one.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...oller-series-2
    I don't neg/infract/ban if you disagree with me in a civil discussion on any topic. ☮️
    Old blog, articles are still good even though many URLs are broken: http://pogue972.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter! I post lots of interesting stuff: https://twitter.com/pogue25 🐤
    I prefer email or Twitter for contact. However, you can PM me. My email is listed below.
    Email: http://scr.im/pogue 📧
    Required Reading: http://bit.ly/CandleinTheDark 🕯️

▶⛅💩🔗   🔊📶 99%🔌🔋3:14 MiscMathematician's Avatar
    MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's basically the same price as a console. Depends how much you play, and how much the added features work for you

So, as cool as it looks, no, I don't believe it's "worth it". Though a lot of people would think buying a $20 pencil is stupid and I just did that.
    ** Official Math Thread http://goo.gl/VpMlfQ **

Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOoks pretty sweet. Would get one if I was still big into competitive gaming.
    Yoga Crew
    SBD crew
    Treat yo self crew
    Peace and Love crew
    You do you boo crew

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have V1 and it's awesome. The price can be pretty steep though depending on one's wallet.

I wonder of there's a huge difference between mine and the V2.

If you use it on PC you should always pair it with REWASD software, it lets you map anything you want to the bottom levers, same with the rest of the buttons.
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55
    PL

pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz
    bump
    I don't neg/infract/ban if you disagree with me in a civil discussion on any topic. ☮️
    Old blog, articles are still good even though many URLs are broken: http://pogue972.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter! I post lots of interesting stuff: https://twitter.com/pogue25 🐤
    I prefer email or Twitter for contact. However, you can PM me. My email is listed below.

No Charger now have 335is ChargerOn22s's Avatar
    ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChargerOn22s has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its cool but really not worth it, unless you are seriously into comp then don't waste your time and money

Worst case, buy it at Target/Walmart …. try it....be disappointed... return it and get your money back
    ALWAYS get a prenup for fuks sake.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    PS4 Destiny Add me phaggots - GTRAddict
    Tesla is a sh!tty company

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Absolutely worth it. My biggest gripe with Playstation this gen is the lack of an OEM elite style controller. The elite series 2 looks great. I have used a buncha similar controllers for PS4 and currently use a couple of the latest version of the Nacon Revolution. It's hard to explain but the more user intuitive button options simple immerse you more in the game. Same as upgrading to a better picture or sound, just enhances the experience. The controller is your connection and input device to this experience and well worth the money IMO. I would never used a standard controller at this point, would be the equivalent of playing on an old 1080p TV to me, poverty AF.

[_]Living [X]Living Dead nkiritsis13's Avatar
    nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I would say possibly with a few considerations:

(1) Keep in mind that users have reported issues with the buttons not responding and stick drifting (my guess is because you can swap them out, so there is some flaw that can crop up for some users). I have also heard that some people get a strange itchy reaction in their palms due to the coating, but that is going to be an individual tolerance issue it seems.

(2) Wireless is also having some issues reported for PC (not sure on the Xbox), but personally I have zero qualms with having a cord since it simply means no battery life worries.

(3) The back paddles serving as extra buttons might sound tempting, but there is a good chance they'll just be frustrating if you tend to grip your controller firmly enough. It's surprisingly easy to accidentally press anything remotely underneath the controller in the middle of playing a game (see below for more details)

(4) Swappable thumbsticks/D-Pads might not even matter to you, or having a taller thumbstick might be the sort of tweak that is more comfortable for your hands. If the thumbstick is a sore point on normal controllers, you might want to look into either the Elite controller, or at the very least thumb grips

(5) The price is ridiculous, but if you really are having enough comfort problems with the standard Xbox controllers out there, then it might be worth the investment because you use these things for long periods of time. I'm picky about how controllers feel in the same way as keyboards and mice; they're tools to perform a function at the end of the day, and regular controllers are sadly far too cookie cutter in design (but they'll give you 100 options in color, because that is apparently more important than ergonomics).

(6) Other options are also ridiculous: Scuf can run between $150 to $200+, and I honestly don't see why they cost so much when they don't look all that special.

Likewise, Razer is the only other "premium" controller with both the $159 Wolverine Ultimate, which is more comparable to the Elite Series 2 with swappable thumbsticks and D-pad, or the cheaper $119 Tournament Edition (which is ~$99 with tax on Amazon last I checked).

I cannot personally comment on neither the Scuf nor the Elite controllers, but I can give my impression of the Razer Wolverine, as well as its predecessor, the Wildcat:

Simply put, I returned the Wolverine and found a seller who carries the Wildcat for a reasonable $55 + free shipping. I;ll break down why I went with the predecessor:

Extra Triggers/Bumpers:
    One thing I will give both models credit for is the inclusion of extra buttons to the sides of the triggers that can easily be pressed even simultaneously with a trigger squeeze. This is something that I have to give Razer credit for that hands down beats the competition because having this extra bumper by your finger is so much easier to not inadvertently press than the underneath options.

The Wildcat uses traditional triggers underneath and towards the center of the controller that can be completely removed via an included screwdriver. Unfortunately, the Wolverine now uses pads that are permanently located right on the grips themselves.

Due to the Xbox controller's asymmetrical layout, your left hand naturally rests higher up, which I found to make me almost always press the left bottom pad, and while you can use the Razer Synapse software to make these pads do nothing, accidentally compressing something feels very off and wore out within minutes for me.

Buttons:
    This was the straw that broke the camel's back. First, the Wildcat has above and beyond the best controller face buttons I have ever used, featuring highly responsive "clicky" buttons more in line with a switch keyboards.

The Wolverine seems to carry this on, except it's button "cavities" are too recessed, so you press the button... and nothing happens. So, now try imagining that you're in a game and you need to dodge that attack swinging towards your face, ready to kill you - boop, nothing. You face-tank that swing and have to start over. That is the Wolverine experience.

D-Pad:
    This is going to be up to personal preference, but I have grown to love having four, totally independent buttons that have no accidental presses. I'm not talking like the Dualshock, which has four "buttons" that are all interconnected beneath the controller shell, but four buttons with their own switches.

But while the Wildcat continues with having brilliant buttons that are the proper size, the Wolverine's are now far too flush with the rest of the controller and not easily pressed to get a response consistently.

Thumbsticks:
    Camel's Back Part 2: Electric Boogaloo.
    The Wildcat has a sturdy pair of thumbsticks with very pronounced clicks when pressed, whereas the Wolverine actually left me with difficultly discerning whether or not I had even pressed them. Again, imagine you need to crouch or spring, but you are left a half-second confused as to whether or not the controller understood what the hell you were trying to do while mashing on the thumbstick.

Software:
    The Wildcat is old school, using some button combinations on the bottom wear the mic normally goes to change what the extra bumpers/triggers do
    (they default to mirroring the bumpers/triggers), whereas the Wolverine now has fancy new software.

The problem, though, is that the software is only available via a Microsoft Store app, which takes ages to download, and because it's an "app" instead of an application, the bloody thing doesn't even have the option to not take over full screen when accessed. Otherwise, it's a nice addition, but they could have just made it a simple download from their own website considering they aren't Microsoft and have zero reason for pushing the Windows App store.

RGB Lighting: It's stupid on a controller, but you can turn it off via the app.

TL;DR - Wildcat? Yes. Wolverine? Hell no.

I hope that helps a bit. If the Elite Series 2 was cheaper, or the Series 1 was at least discounted for crying out loud, I would have considered them, but it's Black Friday/Weekend/CyberMonday with money just flying everywhere I look, so I went with the much less expensive and familiar option (my controller was getting old from use).
    I will stand firm, I refuse to kneel - The fury in me is divine
    My dark grave awaits, my fate is revealed - But I'm not afraid to die

If you have any problems or need advice, feel free to ask

Well, I'm getting a lot of good reviews and bad reviews. Right now my standard Xbox controller has KontrolFreek buttons over the twin sticks (it hurts my thumb without them) along with some of their grips, which help me a lot because my hands start swearing a lot when I'm playing them. I used to use Squidgrips, but they apparently went out of business.

How are the grips on the Xbox Elite Controller? I noticed someone said it gave them a rash, but are they comparable to the KontrolFreeks one?

nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by pogue View Post
    Well, I'm getting a lot of good reviews and bad reviews. Right now my standard Xbox controller has KontrolFreek buttons over the twin sticks (it hurts my thumb without them) along with some of their grips, which help me a lot because my hands start swearing a lot when I'm playing them. I used to use Squidgrips, but they apparently went out of business.

How are the grips on the Xbox Elite Controller? I noticed someone said it gave them a rash, but are they comparable to the KontrolFreeks one?
    I haven't used the Elite controller myself, but looking at the picture, I'm assuming that they use the same rubberized grip material as the rest of the controller if you look up close in order to differentiate them from the standard controller, as the sticks are otherwise almost identical:

Spoiler!

I'm like you and can't go back to thumbsticks without some sort of cover, but fortunately the Elite Series does at least come with two standard thumbsticks that would be compatible with Kontrolfreeks or other thumb grips as a backup in case the Elite sticks are uncomfortable. Going back to my own experience, I found the Razer's to be a notch up from the regulars, but I still prefer keeping thumbstick covers on them.

As for the grips, they appear similar to the ones on the Wolverine I tried, albeit higher quality being based on rubber instead of a grip texture in the plastic. The problem I see with this kind of approach in general over the added grips like the Squidgrips is that if you're used to the extra thickness they add, the default grip won't be sufficient. I found the Wolverine to just not feel comfortable after getting used to the thicker grips, and I'm not sure how well aftermarket grips would actually stick to not just textured controllers like the Wolverine and Elite Series, but with the added rubber coating on the latter.

For reference, the ones that came on the Wildcat are almost identical to this based on how it looks in the images.

Comparing it with an old Xbox One controller I had around, the difference is night and day between the add-on grip and the default (as well as the Wolverine's etched plastic style). Maybe someone can chime in to confirm, although I would imagine that even a rubberized grip is not going to fully compensate for not only the added cushion for your hands, but the extra girth they provide that is a major factor in what makes add-on grips so much more comfortable in the first place.

*One additional, possible advantage that the Xbox One Elite Series 2 controller has over the competition is the optional, rounded, rocker-style D-pad, but that is going to depend on the types of games you play. I am more familiar with it being used as an item/ inventory bar sort of shortcut, so being able to shift it diagonally is of no use, but that might fit games like platformers better.

bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bartosh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    Absolutely worth it. My biggest gripe with Playstation this gen is the lack of an OEM elite style controller. The elite series 2 looks great. I have used a buncha similar controllers for PS4 and currently use a couple of the latest version of the Nacon Revolution. It's hard to explain but the more user intuitive button options simple immerse you more in the game. Same as upgrading to a better picture or sound, just enhances the experience. The controller is your connection and input device to this experience and well worth the money IMO. I would never used a standard controller at this point, would be the equivalent of playing on an old 1080p TV to me, poverty AF.
    that's a good explanation. it's exactly how i felt when I got a topre keyboard + preferred mouse
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions

Apostel of Black Jesus Midgetkiller's Avatar
    Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Midgetkiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pogue View Post

The base price of the controller is $180.

So, does anyone have this or think it's worth it? I'd really like to have one.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...oller-series-2
    No, I have one and they haven't fixed any of the main problems. Buttons in the back still suck, build quality is still meh.

Nacon Unlimited Pro it is.
    - forced to wear princess dress for halloween by mom in '97
    - voted Little Miss Halloween in '97 and '98
    - loves cheetos crew
    - orange fingers crew
    - orange angus crew

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Midgetkiller View Post
    No, I have one and they haven't fixed any of the main problems. Buttons in the back still suck, build quality is still meh.

Nacon Unlimited Pro it is.
    Care to explain a bit more?

2jz, S55
    PL

^^If I had a Playstation, that Nacon Unlimited Pro would totally be worth the price for asymmetrical sticks.
    Originally Posted by KilaByte View Post
    Care to explain a bit more?
    I'd like to know which of the old Series 1 issues weren't fixed as well, but I have been reading plenty of mixed reception on the first batch of Series 2 in regards to buttons sticking and thumbsticks drifting being the big two insofar as controls (which they should not be doing on a just-released product).

The rubber grip supposedly causing irritation in some people is the strangest complaint, and it makes me wonder what kind of allergen they're using to only affect some people.

Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mortar34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends on the games you play...if you want quicker access to buttons without having to move your thumb from the joystick, yes it's worth it. Button remapping, taller joysticks, slightly better build quality than stock xbox controllers.

IMO, it's only worthwhile if you can benefit from remapping and using the four extra rear bumpers for certain fast twitch games. I have no complaints with its quality.
    "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid."

"I don't know how I'm going to win, I just know I'm not going to lose."

MFC

Originally Posted by nkiritsis13 View Post
    ^^If I had a Playstation, that Nacon Unlimited Pro would totally be worth the price for asymmetrical sticks.
    I'd like to know which of the old Series 1 issues weren't fixed as well, but I have been reading plenty of mixed reception on the first batch of Series 2 in regards to buttons sticking and thumbsticks drifting being the big two insofar as controls (which they should not be doing on a just-released product).

The rubber grip supposedly causing irritation in some people is the strangest complaint, and it makes me wonder what kind of allergen they're using to only affect some people.
    My brother, my brother in law and myself have had the Elite controllers for almost 3 years with no issues and those two put in some hours every week. I guess We got lucky

2jz, S55
    PL

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KilaByte View Post
    My brother, my brother in law and myself have had the Elite controllers for almost 3 years with no issues and those two put in some hours every week. I guess We got lucky
    I don't get think you got lucky. Sure, every now and then someone will have an issue and I think like most things in life, products and services are overall just fine, but it's only the people who have issues who take the time to hop on a keyboard and bang out an angry review while the people who enjoy their product just go on using it happily. The small minority appears as the majority in these cases.

I don't get think you got lucky. Sure, every now and then someone will have an issue and I think like most things in life, products and services are overall just fine, but it's only the people who have issues who take the time to hop on a keyboard and bang out an angry review while the people who enjoy their product just go on using it happily. The small minority appears as the majority in these cases.
    Exactly my thought my PSTroll

2jz, S55
    PL