infantrydirk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I need help from experienced people!

A basic rundown of who I am. I’m 20 right now, I am in the army as an infantryman, I failed rasp and am now in big army.
    So I failed rasp and ended up in a regular unit. I love the guys here but our NCO’s suck and as time goes on I feel more depressed. I workout on my own during the week because our PT is a joke and most of the guys fall out during every run we have. I feel like my mind and body are getting separated and I am now just slowly drinking myself to death. I feel trapped and just distract myself with women and it feels like I can’t control myself anymore. I don’t know what to do because this sh*t sucks. All we do in HHC is details and barely shoot our rifles. I have friends that will be in Syria soon and I’m just here talking to girls with getting drunk and I hate it. I don’t know what to do anymore.

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You quit RASP, and now you are drinking to excess. The problem is with you, and only you can turn it around.

djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000) djdizzydave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    You quit RASP, and now you are drinking to excess. The problem is with you, and only you can turn it around.
    this is true.

you need to change your mindset. find the positives in any situation. As a former huge drinker myself, i'm glad I've quit that stuff. it's a huge cause of depression. Kind of sounds like you joined the army to shoot guns and kill...? wrong way to go about it. a lot of us suffering PTSD cause we wanted that life.

good luck in your adventure!
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

-USAF crew. 20 years and counting!
    *1C3
    *2T3
    *3P0
    -Cleveland Browns crew
    -Ohio State buckeyes crew

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    More to the point, I know plenty of people who failed a selection course. Most became sad sacks and couldnt move on from it. Some refocused and went back into selection with a proper mindset and get what they wanted.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Set yourself a goal and get after it.
    You need something to focus on and make it a priority.
    Something to use mind and body together.