Psbros1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post 40 fat loss

I’m not a hardcore lifter or work out guy but stay pretty active with work I’ve been 40 for almost a year and it was like a metabolism switch went off.

I feel and look like I’m gaining weight or a little bloated. Belly looks and feels bigger and more firm. Diet is the same but I’m not tracking calories.

Any tips from the older guys for keeping the weight off or losing it. I’ve always had a hard time dropping weight. Need to get back tracking calories to find the sweet spot. Not sure an additional supplement would help. I take a multi and fish oil. Have been looking into tumeric.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You lose weight the same way you did before you were 40, by placing yourself in a caloric deficit. There is nothing special about being 40 vs being 25, except now your activity level is probably lower and as a result its easier to put on weight. I had my biggest weight loss at age 42, nothing about it was difficult or complicated, it just required attention to detail and consistency.

Supplements don't make you lose weight, they're designed to add to your diet (supplement it) when something is lacking. Turmeric is a spice, nothing more nothing less, it has no magical powers and will not result in weight/fat loss. You don't need to take any supplements to see fat loss, you simply need to eat less calories than your body is burning daily.

Go back 1 page, read the sticky thread near the top titled "Don't Look Past the Basics".
    Last edited by xsquid99; 11-30-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    My biggest fat loss came at 45-46. I've learned the biggest difference between 20yo and 40yo is the 2 extra decades to let your habits (good and bad) do their magic on your body.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Psbros1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. I just feel like my body has changed quickly. I’m a little more achy and sore, therefore maybe not as active as I thought.

Not looking for a magic pill or quick fix.

Think I’m gonna do some major logging of calories and workouts. Establish a new calorie intake and go from there. The online calorie counters never seemed to work well for me.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Psbros1979 View Post
    Thanks guys. I just feel like my body has changed quickly. I’m a little more achy and sore, therefore maybe not as active as I thought.

Not looking for a magic pill or quick fix.

Think I’m gonna do some major logging of calories and workouts. Establish a new calorie intake and go from there. The online calorie counters never seemed to work well for me.
    Start with www.tdeecalculator.net and get a ballpark caloric burn, choose "sedentary" or "light exercise" for your activity level so that the algorithm will skew a bit lower (better than starting too high).

Use myfitnesspal or other app for tracking calories, make sure you invest in a food scale (less than $20 at most stores) and you're weighing EVERYTHING. Do not rely on guestimations for amounts, since most people always underestimate by a good 25% or more.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.