ksha98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Advice on losing lower back fat

Hey guys
    I am 158lbs and 5.8’ I am finding it difficult to get rid of lower back fat
    Should I bulk or cut ??
    I don’t have much muscle to start with
    And if I do cut won’t I get just more skinny ??
    And if I bulk won’t the lower back fat just keep on increasing.
    I am worried about it..

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Full body pics will be required for advice to be given.

This can be added onto your bodyspace or as an attachment to this thread

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Full body pics will be required for advice to be given.

This can be added onto your bodyspace or as an attachment to this thread
    I have uploaded to body space can you check it out and let me know ?
    Last edited by ksha98; 11-29-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your goal?
    Sounds as though your concerned with your looks.
    Bulking will not get rid of the low back fat.
    You may have to drop even more weight and even then there is no guarantee the specific low back area fat will go away.
    You have to try and see for yourself.
    I would focus on developing lean muscle mass not just bulking up and then having to lose what ever fat you gain.
    That's the yoyo way of eating.
    Train for lean muscle mass which may only be like a five pound gain over a year but it's pure muscle.
    Good luck.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    What is your goal?
    Sounds as though your concerned with your looks.
    Bulking will not get rid of the low back fat.
    You may have to drop even more weight and even then there is no guarantee the specific low back area fat will go away.
    You have to try and see for yourself.
    I would focus on developing lean muscle mass not just bulking up and then having to lose what ever fat you gain.
    That's the yoyo way of eating.
    Train for lean muscle mass which may only be like a five pound gain over a year but it's pure muscle.
    Good luck.
    Hey Thankyou
    Did you have a look at the photos on body space that would be a big help

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ksha98 View Post
    I have uploaded to body space can you check it out and let me know ?
    You are at that range where you could possible do either. Although you are getting to the point of diminishing returns.

How long have you been weight training?

Are you currently bulking or cutting or maintaining?

If so what weight loss/ gain has occurred recently.

What are your major lifts like for 1rm or 3rm?

Exclamation

You are at that range where you could possible do either. Although you are getting to the point of diminishing returns.

How long have you been weight training?

Are you currently bulking or cutting or maintaining?

If so what weight loss/ gain has occurred recently.

What are your major lifts like for 1rm or 3rm?
    Earlier, I use to weigh 96kg and got down to 80 kg with crash dieting and cardio as I lacked the knowledge of weight training and nutrition. Though I did the weight loss I looked almost same.
    Then I joined a gym and During 6 months period the real transformation started I lost real fat and another 10 kgs. I performed weightlifting and less cardio but nutrition was not on point.
    So basically, I have been doing weightlifting since 1year now and taking care of nutrition I am currently on 2300 cal .
    Currently, I am trying to lean bulk but I am finding it very difficult to gain muscle.
    What do you mean by point of diminishing returns ?
    and why I am finding it difficult to get rid of lower back fat though I had lost so much of weight and fat???!!

What’s your opinion sir ?
    Last edited by ksha98; 11-29-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Earlier, I use to weigh 96kg and got down to 80 kg with crash dieting and cardio as I lacked the knowledge of weight training and nutrition. Though I did the weight loss I looked almost same.
    Then I joined a gym and During 6 months period the real transformation started I lost real fat and another 10 kgs. I performed weightlifting and less cardio but nutrition was not on point.
    So basically, I have been doing weightlifting since 1year now and taking care of nutrition I am currently on 2300 cal .
    Currently, I am trying to lean bulk but I am finding it very difficult to gain muscle.
    What do you mean by point of diminishing returns ?
    and why I am finding it difficult to get rid of lower back fat though I had lost so much of weight and fat???!!

What’s your opinion sir ?
    God can't remember the last time I got called sir lol I'm getting old :-)

How long have you been lean bulking and how much weight have you gained since you stopped cutting?

What training program are you running?

For diminishing returns I mean that if you try and lose fat now which is really the only way to lose lower back fat, you will end up being very skinny which I don't advise.

Therefore you need to gain more muscle but the likelihood of you actually lose fat will be minimal at best. If you are struggling it is likely because your calories are too low I can't imagine 2300 calories is enough to bulk on and gain weight. Read this for help working out your calories and macros:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

You need to put yourself in a caloric surplus of around 300 calories above your maintenance TDEE (explained in link above), from there aim to gain around 1-2lb a month. The reason you haven't lost the lower back fat is because you are not lean enough for it to disappear, however this is very common and you need to focus on the whole picture not one part. You will need to go through a mass building phase before worry about losing the last stores of fat. By gaining more muscle the focus on one part will be less noticeable.

Here is the downside it will take a long time. I am not talking a couple of months, most likely a solid 6 months at least being in a caloric surplus adding muscle and some fat. Once that is complete you can then cut away the gained fat and review.

As for my question of 1rm/ 3rm. This is your maximal strength indicator so your maximum weight you can lift 1 time or 3 time or even 5 times for your major lifts (only need one of them not all three rep ranges):-

Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench
    Overhead press

This gives us an indicator of your current ability, its not perfect for progress but its a good sign of what you need to focus on.

Thumbs up

God can't remember the last time I got called sir lol I'm getting old :-)

How long have you been lean bulking and how much weight have you gained since you stopped cutting?

What training program are you running?

For diminishing returns I mean that if you try and lose fat now which is really the only way to lose lower back fat, you will end up being very skinny which I don't advise.

Therefore you need to gain more muscle but the likelihood of you actually lose fat will be minimal at best. If you are struggling it is likely because your calories are too low I can't imagine 2300 calories is enough to bulk on and gain weight. Read this for help working out your calories and macros:-

You need to put yourself in a caloric surplus of around 300 calories above your maintenance TDEE (explained in link above), from there aim to gain around 1-2lb a month. The reason you haven't lost the lower back fat is because you are not lean enough for it to disappear, however this is very common and you need to focus on the whole picture not one part. You will need to go through a mass building phase before worry about losing the last stores of fat. By gaining more muscle the focus on one part will be less noticeable.

Here is the downside it will take a long time. I am not talking a couple of months, most likely a solid 6 months at least being in a caloric surplus adding muscle and some fat. Once that is complete you can then cut away the gained fat and review.

As for my question of 1rm/ 3rm. This is your maximal strength indicator so your maximum weight you can lift 1 time or 3 time or even 5 times for your major lifts (only need one of them not all three rep ranges):-

Squat
    Deadlift
    Bench
    Overhead press

This gives us an indicator of your current ability, its not perfect for progress but its a good sign of what you need to focus on.
    Earlier I used to perform 1-2 body parts per day for 6 days

I am currently on upper body lower body 5 days split since 6 months ( 3 days for upper body & 2 days for lower body)
    6000+ steps mandatory
    I started lean bulking like couple of month ago and gained 2.5kg 69kg-71.5/72Kg

Thanks for you guidance so I found out my TDEE it’s around 2500 cal so I’ll eat around 2700 so that I gain less fat I don’t mind waiting a bit of longer time to gain Muscle
    I just want to do it the right way

Is 120-140gm of protein enough (as I am vegetarian I find it difficult to get much protein

Squats
    165 pounds + bar 3rep
    Deadlift
    190 pounds 5 rep
    Bench press
    132pound + barbell 3 rep
    Overhead press
    77 pounds + barbell 4 rep

So after your guidance I’ll start with lean bulk with 2700 cal
    Do you have any other suggestions for me please feel free to say

As I am not completely aware about all the things it would a good thing to receive some guidance

If any changes need to be made please let me know

Thank you so much

Earlier I used to perform 1-2 body parts per day for 6 days

I am currently on upper body lower body 5 days split since 6 months ( 3 days for upper body & 2 days for lower body)
    6000+ steps mandatory
    I started lean bulking like couple of month ago and gained 2.5kg 69kg-71.5/72Kg

Thanks for you guidance so I found out my TDEE it’s around 2500 cal so I’ll eat around 2700 so that I gain less fat I don’t mind waiting a bit of longer time to gain Muscle
    I just want to do it the right way

Is 120-140gm of protein enough (as I am vegetarian I find it difficult to get much protein

Squats
    165 pounds + bar 3rep
    Deadlift
    190 pounds 5 rep
    Bench press
    132pound + barbell 3 rep
    Overhead press
    77 pounds + barbell 4 rep

So after your guidance I’ll start with lean bulk with 2700 cal
    Do you have any other suggestions for me please feel free to say

As I am not completely aware about all the things it would a good thing to receive some guidance

If any changes need to be made please let me know

Thank you so much
    For calories I would go for 2500 as you seem to be gaining the correct amount of weight near enough at a rate of 1kg a month therefore I believe you may be miscounting a bit not that it matters its more of how much you have gained weight wise. I usually find that after a cut you will gain some water weight therefore taking that into consideration knock calories to 2500 and monitor progress this will limit fat gains.

Based on your lifts you probably should be progressing linearly? Is this the case

For example:-

Increasing weight weekly

Week 1 = squat 210lbs for x amount
    Week 2 = squat 220lbs for the same amount of times as above

If so how much have your lifts gone up since you started bulking?

For your protein yes that is enough.

If you are stuck on a solid upper/ lower program I recommend one of these:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...2916931&page=1

https://www.jcdfitness.com/wp-conten...outine_FAQ.pdf

https://rippedbody.com/novice-bodybuilding-program/

If you want a 5 day split I personally would advise this but again only if you are not currently progressing on your current workout plan:-

https://rippedbody.com/intermediate-...lding-program/

The Fierce 5 link has one to.

Have you also seen/ measured any increase in the last two months on your bulk as 2 months really isn't that long of time and you are likely not to see massive growth in that time but if you are getting stronger and increasing weight that is a good sign of muscle growth.

For calories I would go for 2500 as you seem to be gaining the correct amount of weight near enough at a rate of 1kg a month therefore I believe you may be miscounting a bit not that it matters its more of how much you have gained weight wise. I usually find that after a cut you will gain some water weight therefore taking that into consideration knock calories to 2500 and monitor progress this will limit fat gains.

Based on your lifts you probably should be progressing linearly? Is this the case

For example:-

Increasing weight weekly

Week 1 = squat 210lbs for x amount
    Week 2 = squat 220lbs for the same amount of times as above

If so how much have your lifts gone up since you started bulking?

For your protein yes that is enough.

If you are stuck on a solid upper/ lower program I recommend one of these:-

If you want a 5 day split I personally would advise this but again only if you are not currently progressing on your current workout plan:-

The Fierce 5 link has one to.

Have you also seen/ measured any increase in the last two months on your bulk as 2 months really isn't that long of time and you are likely not to see massive growth in that time but if you are getting stronger and increasing weight that is a good sign of muscle growth.

Yes today I hit the PR for barbell squats and i was still able to do 3 rep So next week I’ll go more heavy
    And in few exercise I can lift heavy than before and in some it’s the same
    But physically there isn’t much difference tbh

So in 2 months I haven’t really seen much difference
    I find a bit of pump on biceps nothing major and I can see Difference in my quads

I went through the links you sent your the workout split there isn’t much difference in regards to the exercise
    The main difference is that the rep are lower than which I usually perform
    Right now I’ll like to stick with my current split for a month or two and if I don’t see any major change I’ll change it up

Once again thank you so much for your help
    I am grateful for it

If there’s anything else please let you know
    Would you like to have a look at my workout split ??
    I have upload it on my bodyspace