anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Incredibly weak on flat bench and getting weaker please help!!!

16 (17 in december) 175cm (5 9) ~160lbs low bf% i guess

been training for some months and stopped at this year's summer. I mainly used Omar's program for bench:

3 x 5 ~80% your max
    AMRAP, if > 7 add 5lbs
    repeat

the last day before I stopped I think I did 155 x 8 on my last AMRAP (weak yes i know just bear with me)
    after 4 months of no exercise whatsoever I came back and was weaker (obviously) but it only goes downhill from there. After a week I've been getting weaker every session (LMAO) and I don't seem to be getting back to my original strength I only did 155 x 5 today. Yes I do my dumbbell presses (incline and flat), Yes I eat enough, Yes I sleep enough (at least 8 hrs), Yes I bench more than once a week (once every 3 days). Yes I work other muscle groups (like back). Don't think my form is that bad although I've been trying to get more arch these days. Don't think I have a major injury or anything hindering me.

anyways yea. Any advice helps not putting up 225 is actually humiliating for me. I'm planning to use Greg Nuckols's 3x intermediate program since I feel it suits me better

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by anonymous3124 View Post
    16 (17 in december) 175cm (5 9) ~160lbs low bf% i guess

been training for some months and stopped at this year's summer. I mainly used Omar's program for bench:

3 x 5 ~80% your max
    AMRAP, if > 7 add 5lbs
    repeat

the last day before I stopped I think I did 155 x 8 on my last AMRAP (weak yes i know just bear with me)
    after 4 months of no exercise whatsoever I came back and was weaker (obviously) but it only goes downhill from there. After a week I've been getting weaker every session (LMAO) and I don't seem to be getting back to my original strength I only did 155 x 5 today. Yes I do my dumbbell presses (incline and flat), Yes I eat enough, Yes I sleep enough (at least 8 hrs), Yes I bench more than once a week (once every 3 days). Yes I work other muscle groups (like back). Don't think my form is that bad although I've been trying to get more arch these days. Don't think I have a major injury or anything hindering me.

anyways yea. Any advice helps not putting up 225 is actually humiliating for me. I'm planning to use Greg Nuckols's 3x intermediate program since I feel it suits me better
    In May, after FIVE trips to the gym, you were complaining about your bench. Remember this? https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=177118811

Now, after a week in the gym, (so what, MAYBE two chest workouts) and you're complaining about being weaker after taking MONTHS off? Dude, think about it for a few minutes. You're expectations are not reasonable...

bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000) bLinkMoore is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^Yep

I don't know quite what you expected, you haven't exercised for four months. Just get back on track and you'll be fine.
    BP: 255
    SQ: 370
    DL: 455

anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anonymous3124 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    In May, after FIVE trips to the gym, you were complaining about your bench. Remember this?

Now, after a week in the gym, (so what, MAYBE two chest workouts) and you're complaining about being weaker after taking MONTHS off? Dude, think about it for a few minutes. You're expectations are not reasonable...
    damn how do u even remember that thread that was so long ago lol. My point is I was making slow but steady progress before, and now after I just got back I expect to be weaker obviously but I don't expect to get weaker each session, so I thought that something was off

JayGrand is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lose the ego, drop to 135 and add 10pnds when your hitting all your reps.

Usually after a break I'm able to lift more for the first session. And then that quickly jumps down when I'm back into training mode for a few weeks. I've read this has something to do with the muscles storing additional energy assuming you need it to lift? *bro science, I know*

Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Inb4 op gets crushed to death by just the bar.

You have clearly been dedicated to your craft, taking a few months between sets and done everything right this 1 week of training and if you don’t look like Arnold it’s clearly genetics.

Originally Posted by JayGrand View Post
    Lose the ego, drop to 135 and add 10pnds when your hitting all your reps.

Usually after a break I'm able to lift more for the first session. And then that quickly jumps down when I'm back into training mode for a few weeks. I've read this has something to do with the muscles storing additional energy assuming you need it to lift? *bro science, I know*
    ye that's what I'll do

Gamedragon345 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by anonymous3124 View Post
    ye that's what I'll do
    What I'd do is start with 5x5 stronglifts, since you've come back from a break, and it's not just a beginner workout, you can keep doing it till you hit a 220 lb bench, when you plateau just deload.

armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Unbelievable
    See the curtains hangin' in the window, in the evenin' on a Friday night
    A little light a-shinin' through the window, lets me know everything is alright
    Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind
    Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Red for life
    Natty 4 life