planeta100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hammer Curling - Tendon Slipping Near "Inner Elbow"?

What is happening with my inner elbow area by the bicep (cubital fossa) when I do cross-body hammer curls?
    Whenever I get a pump, and I extend the dumbbell when lowering across the torso, I feel (and see) something moving around the bicep tendon in the elbow crease. It feels like something is snapping in and out of place constantly upon weighted extension only when my forearm is turned in parallel with the chest, or pronated. It feels rather unusual and is getting me seriously annoyed.

At first, I thought it was a vein moving, but I am unsure since I feel it very obviously. It is also not a nerve (no pain or nerve impingement). Please, if anybody can give me any tips to go about solving this I would very much appreciate it since I love hammer curls and this has recently been putting me off from doing biceps altogether. It might be worth mentioning that I am returning to bodybuilding after leaving it for some time and I thought it might be muscle imbalance or something causing the tendon to slide over bone...

Will this give me tendinitis?

Thanks to all.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It may give tendoinits.

Try changing your wrist position - either by supinating a little or pronating, Just not completely neutral.
    Skwat bench ded
    but still DYEL?

planeta100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    It may give tendonitis.

Try changing your wrist position - either by supinating a little or pronating, Just not completely neutral.
    Late bump, I started supinating the arms slightly away from neutral, and moving the dumbbell about an inch further from the chest and the problem has largely subsided. I will try to see if this will improve itself, but to anybody with the same issue, I have taken a closer look at it and have confirmed it as an interaction between the brachioradialis and the median cubital vein.

+rep