Thread: Advice Needed

Andre19s is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice Needed

Hey!

So I've been to the gym for over two years now and I've seen noticeable muscle gains but I am not sure about my strategy right now.
    The strategy I'm talking about is that I am doing the same exercises from week to week but I am adding 2-5kg to compound movements every 1-2 weeks. Sometimes even more.
    I want to know that is doing progressive overload only enough to optimally gain muscle?

For compound movements I train for strength(1-3 reps) and after compound movements I do 2-3 exercises of isolation work, but my exercises don't change much.

Thank you for your help!

Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Andre19s View Post
    Hey!

So I've been to the gym for over two years now and I've seen noticeable muscle gains but I am not sure about my strategy right now.
    The strategy I'm talking about is that I am doing the same exercises from week to week but I am adding 2-5kg to compound movements every 1-2 weeks. Sometimes even more.
    I want to know that is doing progressive overload only enough to optimally gain muscle?

For compound movements I train for strength(1-3 reps) and after compound movements I do 2-3 exercises of isolation work, but my exercises don't change much.

Thank you for your help!
    I would suggest also alongside overloading, you alter rep ranges and excercises. This worked for me and helped me hugely, you need to get your muscles used to doing different movements. check my youtube, 'monty maginn' i post gym videos, check out some of the movements i do, and hopefully theyll help you out. Good luck!