JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I picked up Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and I am disappointed with it

I got it because it has actually had some good feedback (although a lot of people were critical of it like I am) and it was said to be the best single player Star Wars game in a long time. While that might be true it isn't really saying much when you consider the kind of Star Wars games we have had for the past decade. I guess the best thing I can say about the game is that it doesn't completely suck, the graphics look rather good and it does a few things well, but IMO it seemed to do just as many things poorly.

I think the best way to describe this game is the Ubisoft Prince of Persia games meets Dark Souls-esque combat with a bit of Tomb Raider thrown in. The Star Wars theme seems well represented here and I would definitely recommend getting this over the EA Battlefront games if you are desperate for a Star Wars game that isn't old, so I guess it gets the job done with that. It's just a shame that I found the game to be so tedious and annoying to play, mostly due to how nerfed I feel as a Jedi. For example the sword feels weak and like I am just swinging a bat most of the time, it doesn't cut through enemies only creatures and monsters which can make the combat feel unsatisfying. Speaking of the combat I mentioned Dark Souls not because the game is hard but due to the way you approach the combat, it is mostly making use of rolls and basic button timing based upon character animations. After having experienced games like KOTOR and Jedi Academy I simply felt weak in this game, my Jedi powers feeling most useful for puzzles and platforming.

The level design is where the Tomb Raider comparison comes in because it honestly feels like playing one of those games. They give you this image of having a big world to explore but the reality is that the game is incredibly linear with your progression being limited to you strictly going places and doing things that the game wants you to do in the exact order that you are meant to do it all in. It honestly just feels like really dated game design to me in a sense because the action is broken up with the occasional puzzles and navigating the world can get really annoying as you are meant to take exacting paths everywhere but it can get hard to figure out where you are supposed to go and the game makes you do a lot of backtracking. There is also a lot of repetition with how they design the levels, for example I felt like I constantly had to go through these tight narrow pathways that linked areas up, wander around dark tunnels and halls that I had to light up with my sword, slide down ice and mud covered slopes, do basic puzzles/actions to open up doors, swinging around on ropes and running on walls to get to platforms, after a while it just felt like I was constantly doing the same things all the time.

So this just isn't really the game I was hoping it would be. Most of the time you are just trying to do some Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia chit so if you love those games you will probably love this. The combat is rather simple and you just have a few basic varieties of attacks, I never really felt like a badass Jedi playing this game. It is one of those games where there is a progression system that you seem to spend the entire time trying to level up and acquire abilities so you can actually feel strong and capable, but by then the game is almost over. To be honest after putting a lot of time into this game I kinda just felt like going back to some of the classic Star Wars games. It didn't leave me feeling satisfied, and I felt frustrated with the level and game design. I couldn't connect with my character either, he honestly just sorta got on my nerves after a while. Luckily the story isn't bad so there is that, but I wouldn't exactly call it a great story either, sort of typical and cliched as far as these Star Wars space capades games go. If I were to score it I would probably give it something like a 6.5/10, for some reason I felt compelled to keep playing the game for a while and it does look great at times, but ultimately I think it falls short on being a great experience.
    Last edited by JayJ350; 11-28-2019 at 02:42 AM.

moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000) moosik85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everything you described is evident from watching the first 30 seconds of any YouTube gameplay video/review so I don’t see how your shocked by the gameplay style??

Also the only Star Wars game that would be still considered good without having the Star Wars brand behind it is KOTOR. Every other star wars game would have been a flop if it was independently titled.

mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikebadg3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    need reboot of republic commando

Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It was a fun game, but definitely not worth another play through because of no NG+. I agree that traversing levels got really irritating and tedious when you had to back track. I still had a ton of chests left to open on Zeffo, but left them behind for that exact reason. They should've added some type of fast travel function. Overall I found the combat to be quite satisfying especially when you learn to combine dodge and parry together for quick kills.

Have you tried the Jedi Knight series OP? Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are pretty good if you don't mind the age of the game.
    HTC livin' rent FREE

Still on the path to redemption...

Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hypernation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The Force Unleashed

Look into it if you want that “powerful AF feel”. It’s a fun game, and pretty good replay value too.
    You have my word as a Schons.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hypernation View Post
    The Force Unleashed

Look into it if you want that “powerful AF feel”. It’s a fun game, and pretty good replay value too.
    Agreed. Played both games and read both books.

JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayJ350 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Voidgaze View Post
    It was a fun game, but definitely not worth another play through because of no NG+. I agree that traversing levels got really irritating and tedious when you had to back track. I still had a ton of chests left to open on Zeffo, but left them behind for that exact reason. They should've added some type of fast travel function. Overall I found the combat to be quite satisfying especially when you learn to combine dodge and parry together for quick kills.

Have you tried the Jedi Knight series OP? Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are pretty good if you don't mind the age of the game.
    Yeah I managed to put a lot of time into the game before I started to get irritated with it, I think the game works best if you are just trying to run though it going from objective to objective. Whenever I deviated from the main path it just got kind of annoying, I usually like to do all sorts of side things and discover whatever I can as I progress through a level but in this game I just don't think it's worth it as it makes the game a lot more tedious to play. It is truly a very linear game that works best when you play it in a very linear fashion.

As for the combat I agree that when you get down the timing it can be fun, but it's totally got that Dark Souls kind of direction where it's all about timing. Parrying can be kind of hard to do, but once you get it down the game can start to feel rather easy. I just wasn't a big fan of the force meter, it would have been fine if it was strictly limited to force moves but having power strikes consume the force got annoying after a while and it made my character feel kind of nerfed when I was limited to the simple strikes.

As for the Jedi Knight series, it is funny you mentioned that because those are the first games I thought of when I thought of Star Wars games like this that I preferred playing. Jedi Knight 2 was a great game and they just re-released it on the Switch and PS4, but what I really prefer is Jedi Academy. IMO Academy is a much more satisfying way to play this sort of Star Wars game, I felt a lot more powerful in that game and there was far more lightsaber battles and the combat system made it a lot more fun IMO as I felt like I had far more moves at my disposal and I could go about fighting in far more creative ways. I know some people mentioned the Force Unleashed series and I never played those much but I remember it being more like Fallen Order with a more powerful feeling character so maybe I should check those out.

kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kr1kit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game, I paid $15 for the Origin Premier subscription and it was well worth the price haha.

I found the graphics/world/enviroment to be absolutely beautiful, the soundtrack was top notch Star Wars, the combat was solid and kept me on my toes playing at a higher difficulty, and the story was decent(definitely could have been far better).

I did not play it in a full linear fashion, I explored EVERYWHERE, I went to planets out of order sometimes, I backtracked once I unlocked new abilities, I didn't just go from point A to point B.

After about 40 hours in the game, IMO I think it's a solid 8/10.

CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm enjoying it but some of your concerns are warranted, it's a 7.5/10 game but definitely worth the $15 I paid for it.
    *creampie crew*

bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Same feels.

It's a strong 7/10 game. I thought it would end up being a high 8 or a low 9, but the game is quite disappointing. I'm not really digging the Souls combat, and the story and characters is incredibkly forgettable and uninspired. It's linear as hell despite the ''metroidvania'' tag and exploring isnt all that fun or rewarding. The graphics are kind of nice and it's good to see a Star Wars game get this much love and care, but I think it should have been in the oven for longer. I'm keen for a sequel though if they can improve everything.

KOTOR still remains the best star wars game.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Criollo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i watched someone play for about 3 hours and it seemed ok. the environments look awesome and i like the stromtroopers saying little things like they know they are fuked when you start to fight. i dont like how it seems like more exploring then action and in the 3 hours i watched there wasnt a single boss fight. ill wait and see on this one
    "I dont mean bitch in a disrespectful way, I mean bitch as a general term for women" Kratos, son of Zues
    PC+Xbox1+PS4+WiiU true master race. Can't we all get along?
    ***Tom Clancy's: The Division "Kill all betas"/Survival of the Fittest*** Crew
    I will take your stuff in darkzone even if you are my friend, deal with it.

Natty Beardbuilder wings_unhinged's Avatar
    wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It wouldn't be as fun to play with an actual lightsaber. You'd basically be playing Assassin's Creed's "Press B to kill and win" then.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looking forward to trying to get the double-blade lightsaber as I progress.

BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigBallsMcgee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love it

CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    beat it and going to uninstall. 7.5/10 maybe a 8-9 if you are a huge starwars fan. Worth every penny of the $15 I spent and still got 2 weeks left on my membership.
    *creampie crew*

2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2RDEYE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have no idea why they went with the main character's appearance
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000) CheekyPhaggot is just really nice. (+1000)
    what the fuk were you expecting OPie?

Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Destor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I went right for the hardest difficulty and it’s definitely a challenging game. My only real gripe at this point is that the customization is purely cosmetic, I’d enjoy more of a looter and crafter for both lightsabers and armor etc

The lightsabers definitely don’t feel like bats to me, I get a huge number of instant kills against everything from stormtroopers to creatures. I’d actually probably put this high on my list of lightsaber realism among Star Wars games

Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont even like star wars movies but i really enjoyed this game. I loved the game because graphics are really nice with lots of different landscapes (my favorite mission was climbing the tree and the bird). Gameplay was fun because it had some parkour , puzzle solving, and combat....not like most games where you just fighting all the time so the game never got stale for me.

The game was a perfect challenge not easy but at same time not throw your controller out of the window hard. The bosses were fun and interesting. The story was also good and kept me interested throughout the whole game.

9/10 for me especially considering i played it for $15 on origin.
    Last edited by Weezy32; 12-03-2019 at 12:37 AM.
    Atlanta Falcons!!!