IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calories Burned for Exercise

I am currently on a Cal Deficit and am wondering how people track their calories burned.

Currently I am Nutra Check to track my calories and also it enters default calories burned for exercise when I enter.

Currently it has set the below calories for the exercise I do

Weights - 45 Mins Intense(picked this level as I do about 10 different exercises consisting of 3 sets of 6-8 reps which is usually to almost fail point) - Cal Burned - 323

Tabata - 8 minutes - Cal Burned - 242

I have been doing it for about 4 weeks and my weight has gone down by about 4lbs so in line with my calorie deficit roughly but wanted to check if those figures above were realistic or too high

Cheers

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Given the errors involved in estimating both intake and daily expenditure (exercise and non exercise activity + metabolism), it's a bit of waste of time trying.

Just stick to a constant daily calorie intake. Adjust once every 2 weeks based on which way your weight trends. That's as complicated as you need to make it IMO.

IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishRam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Given the errors involved in estimating both intake and daily expenditure (exercise and non exercise activity + metabolism), it's a bit of waste of time trying.

Just stick to a constant daily calorie intake. Adjust once every 2 weeks based on which way your weight trends. That's as complicated as you need to make it IMO.
    Yeah I mean until I could get an accurate idea of cals burned during exercise I have not added it in and just tracked against my intake figure.

The worry is depending on the cals burned during exercise my calorie intake may either be too much or even nowhere near enough