7Lucas7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thoughts on mass gainers ?

Hey guys,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on mass gainers. The reason i'm asking is because I have an extremely fast metabolism and am an ectomorph, maybe the mg can help with this and allow me to put on some weight. I'm 15 nearly 16, 6 foot, 65 kg, is it suitable for me to be taking them at my age and physique?

Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 7Lucas7 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on mass gainers. The reason i'm asking is because I have an extremely fast metabolism and am an ectomorph, maybe the mg can help with this and allow me to put on some weight. I'm 15 nearly 16, 6 foot, 65 kg, is it suitable for me to be taking them at my age and physique?
    I find them to be a waste of money (in my opinion). I'd rather make my own mass shake, which has done really well for me. I usually use half a cup of oats, a banana, scoop and a half of whatever protein you use, peanut butter, and milk of your choice. You can easily make a 800 calorie shake by doing this. There's times I'd put 90% dark chocolate in a chocolate based shake and added another 200 calories to the shake. Was pretty good! You could try making one of these in the morning and one in the evening time if you're struggling to get enough calories to see an increase in weight.

Potatoes, pasta, peanut butter sandwiches, nuts, beans, ground beef (85-90%), eggs, and cooking oils are good ways to add more calories to your meal plan. I enjoy putting coconut oil with my eggs! I believe a tablespoon of coconut oil is 120-130 calories. I also like making mac and cheese bowls with beef and bacon! Serving of pasta, 4-6oz of ground beef, and 2 stripes of turkey bacon

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Varials View Post
    I find them to be a waste of money (in my opinion). I'd rather make my own mass shake, which has done really well for me. I usually use half a cup of oats, a banana, scoop and a half of whatever protein you use, peanut butter, and milk of your choice. You can easily make a 800 calorie shake by doing this. There's times I'd put 90% dark chocolate in a chocolate based shake and added another 200 calories to the shake. Was pretty good! You could try making one of these in the morning and one in the evening time if you're struggling to get enough calories to see an increase in weight.

Potatoes, pasta, peanut butter sandwiches, nuts, beans, ground beef (85-90%), eggs, and cooking oils are good ways to add more calories to your meal plan. I enjoy putting coconut oil with my eggs! I believe a tablespoon of coconut oil is 120-130 calories. I also like making mac and cheese bowls with beef and bacon! Serving of pasta, 4-6oz of ground beef, and 2 stripes of turkey bacon
    Great advice here OP. You're fifteen. Eat your parents food. The only thing I'd change is worrying about the fat content of the ground beef. IF you're trying to gain weight, more fat the better.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Varials is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Great advice here OP. You're fifteen. Eat your parents food. The only thing I'd change is worrying about the fat content of the ground beef. IF you're trying to gain weight, more fat the better.
    Agreed on the fat content with ground beef, good catch.

Originally Posted by Varials View Post

Yea thanks I was thinking I would be better off making my own mass shake. I'll start making my own and eating the foods with high fat content.
    Cheers

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Yea the fat content in ground beef sounds good I'll give that a try.
    Thank you