Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Fullbody fatigue

So I’ve been running fullbody for a few weeks and realized a couple of things. I’m not growing as I did in the past with this routine. But also I noticed I’m more mentally fatigued vs physically fatigued. Like I don’t feel that I got workout in but I’m tired.

Anyone else experience this?
    You heard about Pluto? That's messed up right?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure what you mean. And what "fullbody routine" are you talking about?
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you currently dieting? That, too, may have you feeling more run down. It certainly is going to affect how much you grow.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is it the fullbody that you jumped into with increased frequency after a layoff?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=177763191
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Marvel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Is it the fullbody that you jumped into with increased frequency after a layoff?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=177763191
    No. That was a question I asked. I go every other day but Asked if I should take the weekend off ?

My body feels recovered it’s mental fatigue. I don’t like program hopping but I might do a split this week.

Like I’m fatigued but my legs feel like they need more volume same with arms.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're spinning your wheels.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Full-body style workouts tax your CNS a lot. The fatigue you are experiencing is probably from adaptation of CNS rather than adaptation of musculature.

Originally Posted by rtpmarine View Post
    Full-body style workouts tax your CNS a lot. The fatigue you are experiencing is probably from adaptation of CNS rather than adaptation of musculature.
    That’s exactly what I’m referring to. I actually noticed my arm size go down which is odd. Like I feel fatigued but it’s more mental stress than my body being fatigued.

The other thing that has me looking at a split is, I noticed my lifts go up after a week off. Circumstantial maybe.

But wouldn’t a workout where I can get in more volume and be less fatigued mentally be better than just frequency?

For instance 12 sets on a split vs 9 on fullbody? With progressive overload being in place for both.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Marvel View Post
    For instance 12 sets on a split vs 9 on fullbody? With progressive overload being in place for both.
    No reason not to give it a try.

I'll just raise one question though. How much intensity and volume will you manage doing 12 sets in one workout when you're saying 9 sets spread across the week are stressing you?

rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rtpmarine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That’s exactly what I’m referring to. I actually noticed my arm size go down which is odd. Like I feel fatigued but it’s more mental stress than my body being fatigued.

The other thing that has me looking at a split is, I noticed my lifts go up after a week off. Circumstantial maybe.

But wouldn’t a workout where I can get in more volume and be less fatigued mentally be better than just frequency?

TBH if you power through the fatigue and "get used to it", your CNS will be better able to handle heavier stress in the future. I understand the frustration with not seeing muscle gains, but CNS gains can be just as valuable. Especially if you are interested in maximizing your strength output.

The best analogy I've heard is that your muscles are speakers and your CNS is an amplifier-- you can turn the volume on the speakers all the way up (make the muscles bigger) but it won't be LOUD until you get the amplifier to send a bigger signal.

If all you care about is muscle hypertrophy, then yeah just forget about the ****ty CNS fatigue. It's ****ing hard.

I really appreciate everyone’s input here.

So with a fullbody routine do you suggest keeping the excercises the same or changing ? Like having an a,bc workout? For instance incline on Monday, flat wed, dB press Friday?

And what about cardio with a fullbody routine? What type would not interfere?

I definitely need to add strength and muscle and do agree that fullbody maybe a better option or even upper lower.

Like I mentioned I lost muscle and have gained fat. Like I shrunk so people think I’m skinny but my stomach is 3 inches bigger than my waist. So I’m skinny fat.

I really want to get down to 170 and bring my bf down to 15%. Currently 190 and probably 30. I’m hoping that newb gains will help on this journey.

I’ll post my diet later tonight as that’s the main thing.

So with a fullbody routine do you suggest keeping the excercises the same or changing ? Like having an a,bc workout? For instance incline on Monday, flat wed, dB press Friday?

And what about cardio with a fullbody routine? What type would not interfere?
    It's always a balancing act between having enough variability throughout the week AND having a consistent set of movement patterns that you can progress on. The best thing you can do is just get on a well-respected program and stick to it. Once you complete the program, then you can decide if you want to re-do it or try another one.

I’ll post my diet later tonight as that’s the main thing.
    Yes.

I’ll post my actual diet but it’s pretty much adapted from this https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/doc...-meal-plan.pdf

No cheat, except for a couple of occasions over the next 2 months. I’ve done this before so know if I need a cheat it’s because I’m tired.

Re: cardio. If I’m doing a fullbody 3x week, thoughts on doing hiit on the bike post lifting and liss on off days?

I remember this being recommended to improve cardio base for those out of shape. And I am that.

ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I’ll post my actual diet but it’s pretty much adapted from this https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/doc...-meal-plan.pdf

No cheat, except for a couple of occasions over the next 2 months. I’ve done this before so know if I need a cheat it’s because I’m tired.

Re: cardio. If I’m doing a fullbody 3x week, thoughts on doing hiit on the bike post lifting and liss on off days?

I remember this being recommended to improve cardio base for those out of shape. And I am that.
    I've never been a huge fan of full-body plans but if that's what you are set on, like others have said, be sure you are using progressive overload as well as varying your excercises day in and day out.
    As far as utilizing HIIT post workout that is a great idea. With your body already fatigued and heart rate up you'll benefit more with cardio at the end instead of the beginning of your workout.
    LISS on off days will work as well because you'll have a different type of cardio that shouldnt be too taxing on your CNS during your rest days.
    Former NCAA Division III Mens Lacrosse Player
    Currently an ordinary desk jockey...

Applied Nutriceuticals Free Test XRT Log (Sponsored) : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164610831

Reviews: Applied Nutriceuticals RPM & UNCUT, iForce Hemavol, SD Pharmaceuticals CLA

Current Stack:
    -EVLUTION Nutrition 100% Isolate
    -EVLUTION Nutrition TRANS4ORM
    -XTEND BCAA
    -MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine
    -Controlled Labs Orange Triad

^^^ Zack nailed it.

Don't kill yourself trying to do it all at once. Maybe just start with your full-body routine and moderate post-lifting HIIT, then add LISS to the off-days after a couple weeks. Start with walking/elliptical/low-resistance rowing, and then move up to more moderate forms of LISS like jogging/stairmaster/medium-resistance rowing. That should get you through the first month or so, and then if you still want to add more at that point then you can dial up the post-lifting HIIT intensity.

Of all these things, the resistance exercise program should always be your #1 priority. It is what will change your body (along with sound diet).

Originally Posted by ZackMU30 View Post
    I've never been a huge fan of full-body plans but if that's what you are set on, like others have said, be sure you are using progressive overload as well as varying your excercises day in and day out.
    As far as utilizing HIIT post workout that is a great idea. With your body already fatigued and heart rate up you'll benefit more with cardio at the end instead of the beginning of your workout.
    LISS on off days will work as well because you'll have a different type of cardio that shouldnt be too taxing on your CNS during your rest days.

Since my lifts are weak I thought it might be smart. But not married to the idea.

What are some of your preferences?

ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZackMU30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Since my lifts are weak I thought it might be smart. But not married to the idea.

What are some of your preferences?
    Personally, I do the most generic split. Back/Bis, Chest/Tris, and then legs on it's own day. It's essentially just a push/pull split. I've found recovery is much easier when I give muscle groups at least a 1 to 2 day rest before hitting them again.

I usually throw shoulders in on my chest days as well.
    (Maybe some ab work in between legs and cardio on leg days- but you can throw ab work in every day if youd like)

As for cardio i usually do about 20-30 minutes of LISS after I'm done lifting.
    HIIT would likely be better but i just like spacing out listening to music doing LISS cardio haha
    Former NCAA Division III Mens Lacrosse Player
    Currently an ordinary desk jockey...

Applied Nutriceuticals Free Test XRT Log (Sponsored) : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164610831

Reviews: Applied Nutriceuticals RPM & UNCUT, iForce Hemavol, SD Pharmaceuticals CLA

Current Stack:
    -EVLUTION Nutrition 100% Isolate
    -EVLUTION Nutrition TRANS4ORM
    -XTEND BCAA
    -MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine
    -Controlled Labs Orange Triad

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's all about MVV (maximum recoverable volume). Frequency can be whatever you want, however overall weekly volume will determine things. You'll want to keep your sets around 16 per week per muscle group. Your diet will also be a factor plus your sleep habits.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tom897 View Post
    if he dieting then?
    when you post al these meaningless things I have to see another alert of a new post. Not happy.

Have more red
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB