casailor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New bodybuilding plan

Hey everyone,
    I'm transitioning into bodybuilding and have the following routine down:

6 days a week:
    Most sets are pyramid style
    (8-6-4-3-1rm-3-4-6-8) w 30s-1:30 rest

Chest:
    Bench
    Incline bench

Arms:
    Preacher curls
    Tricep pull downs

Shoulders:
    Free weight military press

Back:
    2x rows (one with cables, the other using levers)

Lats:
    Pulldowns
    (Sometimes) pushdowns

Abs:
    3 sets of 25 pullovers (on machine)

(Sometimes) Legs:
    Squats
    3x15 calve presses

I try to hit everything the same day, which takes 3-4 hours. Currently 20 years old at 185lbs, and aim for 215lbs+. Supplements are whey protein and creatine mono.

Should I keep this style? Or should I cycle through certain regions. My philosophy is that the more intensely I workout my whole body, the faster it grows. I can also see why giving each group a couple days of rest can allow for bigger jumps in power. What's the right balance?

Kindly,
    Anthony
    Last edited by casailor; 11-25-2019 at 01:37 PM.

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hitting your 1rm every workout is a good way to get hurt. I think you could get better results with a more proven plan than making up your own pyramid scheme like that.

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hitting the same thing every day is a good way to get sick. What precludes you from (sometimes) squats and deadlifts?

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Hitting the same thing every day is a good way to get sick. What precludes you from (sometimes) squats and deadlifts?
    Just time. I used to competitively cycle so they're pretty strong. Would you recommend a block schedule? Do half of these groups one day, the rest another. This gives 48 hours of rest. Or is more time optimal?

Kind regards Paul

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by casailor View Post
    I used to competitively cycle so they're pretty strong.
    We hear that a lot.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    We hear that a lot.
    Lol

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    We hear that a lot.
    Yes we do. Something like 50% of new lifters who don't squat have unusually (and naturally) strong, muscular legs. The other 50% have self-diagnosed "knee problems". ;-)

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by casailor View Post
    Just time. I used to competitively cycle so they're pretty strong. Would you recommend a block schedule? Do half of these groups one day, the rest another. This gives 48 hours of rest. Or is more time optimal?

Kind regards Paul
    You probably won't want to hear what most people will say on here. But I know you are trying to lift. If I was you, I would do 1 day with all sorts pushing lifts that engage your tricpeps. Do as many aw you want without overdoing it. The next day, do pull lifts. The day after that do leg work.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    You probably won't want to hear what most people will say on here. But I know you are trying to lift. If I was you, I would do 1 day with all sorts pushing lifts that engage your tricpeps. Do as many aw you want without overdoing it. The next day, do pull lifts. The day after that do leg work.
    Tight 👍