Magnus700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Guys man :( Fitness nightmare! Small after 5 years of lifting

Here's my stats -

19 year old male 6 foot tall and weighing 176lbs

Bench press - 176lbs for 2 reps

Squat - 225lbs for 1 rep

Deadlift - 275lbs for 5 reps

Barbell curl - 77lbs for 8 reps

Overhead press - 110lbs for 5 reps

Diet - 3 square meals a day and 3 protein shakes at the moment. I used to track macros religiously when I did standard scientific training.

The story -

So I am 19 now and I started lifting weights at 14. When I started lifting weights at 14 I got some small results and that really made me happy. But back then I trained in a style which I now know is high rep high relative intensity rest pause sets with short rests so I thought that was the reason why I didn't make the same amount of progress as the guys on the internet. So from there I jumped straight into normal bodybuilding programs such as Dr Jim stoppani beginner to advanced training plan, gokuflex training plan and honestly just normal evidence based training e.g. training blocks with a decent amount of volume per bodypart lets say 18 sets and the reps in reserve just increase for 3 weeks from 3 RIR to 1 RIR and then a week of deload. Unfortunately, this style of training was crap as hell for my body and from when I started conventional bodybuilding training I never made gains for over 3 years. Even until spring 2019 my barbell curl had stayed identical at 32.5KG just as it was it autumn 2015. So after being left no option I had to go against all the scientific literature and internet advisers and just go back to high rep high intensity rest pause sets and thank the lord that I saw some small muscle growth. At this point, I was beginning to believe I was a non responder to bodybuilding and that I was going to be skinny for life. Since restarting the high rep stuff, I went from a 32.5KG x 1 curl to a 35KG x 8 curl and it's still rising monthly. The same thing occured with all my lifts and my muscles also grew a little bit but not much. But man, although I am progressing I am still a lot smaller than all my friends who lift and it's extremely depressing. I'm worried that I'm going to have to be skinny for another 5 years till I just look okay but I really don't want that. Do you think there's any way of increasing my rate of progress? This sucks man I just want to get hench like the guys on youtube!

Being small just makes me feel like **** all of the time as I feel as it makes me a low value male. Honestly a lot of the time I just find myself hating life and think "Why me?".

pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Magnus700 View Post
    Here's my stats -

19 year old male 6 foot tall and weighing 176lbs

Bench press - 176lbs for 2 reps

Squat - 225lbs for 1 rep

Deadlift - 275lbs for 5 reps

Barbell curl - 77lbs for 8 reps

Overhead press - 110lbs for 5 reps

Diet - 3 square meals a day and 3 protein shakes at the moment. I used to track macros religiously when I did standard scientific training.

The story -

So I am 19 now and I started lifting weights at 14. When I started lifting weights at 14 I got some small results and that really made me happy. But back then I trained in a style which I now know is high rep high relative intensity rest pause sets with short rests so I thought that was the reason why I didn't make the same amount of progress as the guys on the internet. So from there I jumped straight into normal bodybuilding programs such as Dr Jim stoppani beginner to advanced training plan, gokuflex training plan and honestly just normal evidence based training e.g. training blocks with a decent amount of volume per bodypart lets say 18 sets and the reps in reserve just increase for 3 weeks from 3 RIR to 1 RIR and then a week of deload. Unfortunately, this style of training was crap as hell for my body and from when I started conventional bodybuilding training I never made gains for over 3 years. Even until spring 2019 my barbell curl had stayed identical at 32.5KG just as it was it autumn 2015. So after being left no option I had to go against all the scientific literature and internet advisers and just go back to high rep high intensity rest pause sets and thank the lord that I saw some small muscle growth. At this point, I was beginning to believe I was a non responder to bodybuilding and that I was going to be skinny for life. Since restarting the high rep stuff, I went from a 32.5KG x 1 curl to a 35KG x 8 curl and it's still rising monthly. The same thing occured with all my lifts and my muscles also grew a little bit but not much. But man, although I am progressing I am still a lot smaller than all my friends who lift and it's extremely depressing. I'm worried that I'm going to have to be skinny for another 5 years till I just look okay but I really don't want that. Do you think there's any way of increasing my rate of progress? This sucks man I just want to get hench like the guys on youtube!

Being small just makes me feel like **** all of the time as I feel as it makes me a low value male. Honestly a lot of the time I just find myself hating life and think "Why me?".
    lol just based off things you said... you need to read up and learn a thing or two. scientific standard training...HAH! and yeah...go have fun looking like those pretty juiced up boys on youtube you prob whack to

Magnus700 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pinggolfer96 View Post
    lol just based off things you said... you need to read up and learn a thing or two. scientific standard training...HAH! and yeah...go have fun looking like those pretty juiced up boys on youtube you prob whack to
    I know it may seem impossible to get results from doing things properly. But trust me when I say that I ran proper programming. Programming recommendations that are suggested by Eric Helms.

pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500) pinggolfer96 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Magnus700 View Post
    I know it may seem impossible to get results from doing things properly. But trust me when I say that I ran proper programming. Programming recommendations that are suggested by Eric Helms.
    its easy to call a program credible, how about the individual running it....
    you're not Eric helms....

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Guys on YouTube tend to be on a lot of illegal 'supplements'; realistic expectations are good to have. That said, you are light for your height so: eat more, gain some weight/mass.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's your caloric intake? Diet certainly plays a part in strength and muscle gain.

Sounds like you need to do some studying, cause you've got some misconceptions about how training works.

Look for a novice lifting program in the stickies and work with that. Make sure you're eating enough, and you'll see progress
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Synchroniicity is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eat more. Lots of protein.
    Do you like dragons?
    Cause' Imma be draggin' these balls across your face.