ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How big should I be aiming to get my arms to at 5ft7?

Wasn't really sure where else to put this and I know there have been a million different threads on the same subject but they all seem to be from years back so I wanted to hear some maybe; more modern opinions.

I'm 5ft7, 13%-14% body fat, I can fit into 30 inch waist trousers without worrying about any fat spilling over, in some cases these trousers are even too loose for me, but after I measured my waist I found that it's about 32 inches (I was a little bloated when I measured it to be fair). Among others I also measured my wrists (8 inches) and my arms (14 inches). I was doing all this as to try and work out why my arms looked pretty small from the front, unflexed. According to the 'golden ratio', my arms should be 2.5x my wrist measurements which would mean I need 20 inch arms but to me that sounds ridiculous at my height so I disregarded that.

Basically how big a circumference in inches should I be aiming to get my arms to in order for them to look big? I've already been told by a few people that my arms are big but to me they don't, so I just thought I'd come here for opinions. I'm wondering if maybe it's my waist which is making my arms look small or if I just need to make them bigger? The number I've heard thrown around the most for my height is 16 inches.

TL;DR: Arms look small at 14 inches (I'm 5ft7). Don't know if this is because my waist is 32 inches or if they just need to bigger. If they need to be bigger then how big should I be aiming for? 16 inches?
    Last edited by ArkI5; 11-24-2019 at 04:32 PM.

etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^ You don't mention how long you've been lifting...what program you're following...

My opinion is I don't want you to drive yourself crazy thinking you need to fill out any specific body part based on some "golden ratio" or random number you've picked! All you have to do is train consistently hard, and over time you'll grow. How much will you grow? No one can definitively answer that question. The good news: according to the expert exercise physiologists, it can be easier to put on muscle mass having 8" wrists, as opposed to men (including some pro and/or competitive bodybuilders) with 6" wrists! Someone's frame is obviously one way to determine genetic potential for building muscle. Others include muscle fiber type, force production, conscientiousness (work ethic), motivation levels, consistency, decision-making (picking the right program...Have you taken a look at the programs in the workout subforum?
    "It's not in my nature to give up."

^^ "No, I'm not a Taurus."

ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ArkI5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    ^^ You don't mention how long you've been lifting...what program you're following...

My opinion is I don't want you to drive yourself crazy thinking you need to fill out any specific body part based on some "golden ratio" or random number you've picked! All you have to do is train consistently hard, and over time you'll grow. How much will you grow? No one can definitively answer that question. The good news: according to the expert exercise physiologists, it can be easier to put on muscle mass having 8" wrists, as opposed to men (including some pro and/or competitive bodybuilders) with 6" wrists! Someone's frame is obviously one way to determine genetic potential for building muscle. Others include muscle fiber type, force production, conscientiousness (work ethic), motivation levels, consistency, decision-making (picking the right program...Have you taken a look at the programs in the workout subforum?
    I've been doing the Fierce 5 Novice program and I've been working out *seriously* for 10 months, though one month I hadn't eaten enough and I just finished a month long mini cut. I was looking for numbers so I could just have something to work towards as my arms, to me at least, just seem small in proportion to the rest of my body as I've got a pretty broad torso with broad shoulders too. Oh I had no idea about the wrist thing! That's awesome! Hope it shows, haha.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Well damn, according to that I'm 0.6 inches off where my arms need to be. My waist needs to be 4 inches smaller too apparently lol. Still think it being 34 inches is off, maybe I measured it wrong?

Registered User rakeshkumar1998's Avatar
    rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakeshkumar1998 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    “If you’re capable of sending a legible text message between sets, you probably aren’t working hard enough.”
    – Dave Tate