3000IQPlayer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Opinions on smith machine hip thrust versus regular barbell hip thrust

Title says it all. I stick with the regular due to using stabilizer muscles.

Is one necessarily better than the other? I'm looking for more info about this subject.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It depends if just trying to target the glutes/hams.
    There's not a ton of stabilizer work being done with the barbell version.
    If the barbell is moving side to side then you not centered or have an issue.
    Coach Paul Carter recommends the smith machine do a search for his article.
    The smith may be easier to get set up and in and out of.

dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000)
    never really cared for hip-thrusts as it wasn't a main movement for me

however I prefer the machine for the simple fact that you don't have to take 10 minutes to bring a bench, make adjustments to the correct height and load a barbell.