srinivaskari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Counting protein macros

I am consuming between 0.75-1 g/ lb of bodyweight of protein everyday. Since my current body weight is 96 kgs (211.2 lbs), I typically aim for ~158 - 200 gms of protein everyday. Most of the protein comes from boneless skinless chicken breast, eggs (whole + egg whites) and whey isolate. I track all of my food on MyfitnessPal. Now this app tells me that food like brown bread and yoghurt also have protein, which increases my total protein intake.

Should protein from such sources (brown bread, yogurt, rice, cheese etc) be counted? Or should my protein target (~158 - 200 gms of protein) come purely from chicken, whey and eggs?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    protein is protein, it should be counted from every source

JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000) JohnLeyo is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Proteins are composed of amino acids, and animal sources of protein are considered high-quality proteins because they contain all the essential amino acids and are easier for the body to digest and utilize, and in the other hand plants food that doesn't contain all the essential amino acids, but if you mix different plants you can complement this efficiency.
    my advice to you is to keep 60% of protein from animal source and 40% from plant foods because they contain minerals and vitamins that your body need.

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not all protein is equal.

As said above, most plant sources of protein aren't complete proteins.

Animal proteins (whey, meat, eggs) have all nine of the essential amino acids that make a complete protein.

The essentials are: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine.

Plant proteins typically don't contain all of the nine essentials so you have to mix and match to get a complete protein.

In the end, if you are also eating meat then it doesn't really matter much and yes, you can count the protein but I would be wary of counting it if too much of your daily intake is plant proteins.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****