Thread: Crooked squat

tinytom11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Crooked squat

I have attached a few youtube links. You can see that the squat just looks crooked. I noticed that It appears that I shift to the right.

I have paused the videos at the bottom of the squats and seen that my pinned elbows are at different heights, and that my legs are doing different things to each other - which I think is causing the wierd shift. It feels like during the squat that one leg may take the brunt of the work etc - not both legs working together simultaneously.

I think I need to push my right knee out wider, as that is what the left is doing. The right seems to stay narrower.

Im hoping that the direction that my knees go in is the cause for the crooked shift - which ill focus on unless someone more educated tells me otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=z3eXR5PKdd4

youtube.com/watch?v=BhT1Tu6UodQ

youtube.com/watch?v=1kQ8B5_WVx0

Also aware camera angles/lighting may be making it worse then it is.

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't think its crooked but I think you should try and go a little lower when you squat
    Donald Trump Jr. and Tucker Carlson 2024

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think I would switch to split squats for now. Or one leg press. You should be able to force each leg to move the same way and see where the imbalance is.

I think it is my body switching to its dominant side to complete the lift. I also think the camera angle/lighting probably doesnt help.

I think if each squat I really focussing on using both legs equally, then over time this imbalance should even out? Am I right?

Also noticed that my elbows arent at the same height at the bottom of the squat - any advice on this?

Recent vid

youtube.com/watch?v=KCDdMGUe5fA

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah those elbows are strange. I would use a thumbless grip, then pull down and squeeze those shoulder blades together. Hopefully they wil start lining up better.

Originally Posted by BromanianDL View Post
    Yeah those elbows are strange. I would use a thumbless grip, then pull down and squeeze those shoulder blades together. Hopefully they wil start lining up better.
    Yeah, ive been trying to focus on using my lats to pull the bar down into my back. Its hard trying to focus on so many things lol - tight brace, drive knees out, focus on knee stablisation, elbows now haha. Im hoping that after a while it will come naturally and imbalances will even out.

Thanks for your replies.