Envoyy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fierce 5 Progression Question

I've been doing this routine for a few months and it's just now occurred to me that I may have been progressing incorrectly and want to be sure. The original post says to increase upper body and lower body lifts by 5 and 10 lb respectively every week. I took this to mean that you repeat the lift at a certain weight for two workouts before moving up again regardless of whether it's the next week.

For example, using an upper body exercise:
    Monday: 130, Friday: 130, Wednesday: 135, Monday: 135, Friday:140,...

Should I instead move up to 140 on the second Monday above regardless of the fact that I've only lifted 135 once?

LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your example is right. Here's what Davis says

"This is a question I'm repeatedly asked so here is a progression example:
    Monday-Squat-200, Bench-150
    Wednesday-RDL-200, OHP-100
    Friday-Squat-200, Bench-150
    Weekend of rest
    Monday-RDL-210, OHP-105
    Wednesday-Squat-210, Bench-155
    Friday-RDL-210, OHP-105"

I increase my lower body weights by 5 lbs every workout and upper body weights by 5 lbs every other week (I add an extra rep the second time). I also was confused by the term "increase lower body weights by 10 lbs every week". Accurately put, it is 7.5 lbs every week.

12 pack > 6 pack PurmaBulker1984's Avatar
    PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PurmaBulker1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes. Because you should be recovered enough. Doesn't hurt to do the other way though.
    Current max
    325 bb bench
    295 incl bb bench
    275 push press.

Married w/ 2 kids crew

schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The way I have done it has been:

Week 1
    Monday - 160
    Friday - 160

Week 2
    Wednesday - 165

Week 3
    Monday - 170
    Friday - 170
    balls

Originally Posted by schoolstrength View Post
    The way I have done it has been:

Week 1
    Monday - 160
    Friday - 160

Week 2
    Wednesday - 165

Week 3
    Monday - 170
    Friday - 170
    Interesting, and I assume you haven't had a problem with this pace? I already feel super challenged with my progression so I'm wondering if it would even be possible for me to do your version

Originally Posted by LifterWest View Post
    Your example is right. Here's what Davis says

"This is a question I'm repeatedly asked so here is a progression example:
    Monday-Squat-200, Bench-150
    Wednesday-RDL-200, OHP-100
    Friday-Squat-200, Bench-150
    Weekend of rest
    Monday-RDL-210, OHP-105
    Wednesday-Squat-210, Bench-155
    Friday-RDL-210, OHP-105"

I increase my lower body weights by 5 lbs every workout and upper body weights by 5 lbs every other week (I add an extra rep the second time). I also was confused by the term "increase lower body weights by 10 lbs every week". Accurately put, it is 7.5 lbs every week.
    That quote from the post you have confused me in that I didn't know if he meant that the Wednesday workout weights were being lifted for the first time or second at that point, so that's why I wasn't able to get anything from it. There's some conflicting info in this thread, do you by any chance know if the guy who made the workout's clarified this? Really want you to be right so I don't feel like I've screwed up for months now lol

schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think I have a problem. I have stalled at 150 bench, but after I reset twice, I was able to get it up to 165. I just failed on 170 so I'm hoping the same thing will workout.

OHP and Bench are the ones I have the most problems with. I haven't had to reset on dead lift yet, and it has gone from 130 to 250.
    balls

LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Envoyy View Post
    That quote from the post you have confused me in that I didn't know if he meant that the Wednesday workout weights were being lifted for the first time or second at that point, so that's why I wasn't able to get anything from it. There's some conflicting info in this thread, do you by any chance know if the guy who made the workout's clarified this? Really want you to be right so I don't feel like I've screwed up for months now lol
    The first Wednesday weights are being lifted the second time. Notice how second Monday and Friday have the same weights for RDL.