Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Part Animal, Part Machine cheerupemokid's Avatar
    cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Haven't finished it yet but I saw they hit a break while Jericho was entering the building and interacting with lower guys. Anytime Jericho is on screen they need to keep it on him, sucks for the Librarians or whoever else who lost a moment to shine to the TV audience.
    I agree but at least Jericho posted it on YouTube and I think the international people who are AEW+ members on Fite see it live.

It’s pretty funny the Librarians are reading Dinosaur books for kids (Peter Avalon got squashed by Luchasaurus later on the show) and Jericho asks to see Marko Stunt’s ID after he says he’s 23. Definitely show worthy.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. -C.S. Lewis

Natty Beardbuilder wings_unhinged's Avatar
    wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Scorpio/Jericho spot was pretty damn good. Makes you wonder why WWE can't step up to this level.

marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Britt Baker match v Shida was good. I did like it, I wander why she has to eat the pin so much. I liked the opening match, wasn't quite enough high flying stuff for me though. The Dark Order promo was a little crazy. I thought Billy Gunn was on legends contract with WWE, but yeah having him toss everyone like he is Braun Strowman. Good entertainment. Jimmy Havoc and his staple gun,wow. The girl with the painted half skull face in the crowd is having fun. Suck it Famous er was good. I mean it is his trademark. I love how distractions halt progress for people in the biz. Chris Jericho's promo was the best.
    *INBA/PNBA - PNBA (Professional) Wheelchair Natural Bodybuilder*
    *Disabled US Marine Corps Combat Veteran*
    *St. L Cardinals, St. L Blues, KC Chiefs*
    *Hogan is G.O.A.T. Sting Fanatic - Miss Bliss Crew*

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good show.
    Great opener and great finisher.
    Scorpio Sky promo v Jericho was really good.
    Omega bench pressing was funny.
    Generally pretty good matches throughout but seemed to just go a little off from time to time. But another good show. Next week will be good too.
    Also Billy Gunn is 56 years old wtf.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Finished the show last night, still need to try (again) with NXT.

Good show but none of the highs of previous ones, nothing really was Wow-level. Nothing really awful, either, which last week had a couple Meh moments.

I wasn't a fan of PnP losing cleanly or this 50/50 booking in general, the company is new so I've been waiting to see how things play out but overall there isn't enough rhyme/reason to things. The way PnP and Private Party have been booked, if PnP was going to lose (fine) there should have been much stronger interference from Nick Jackson which would have directly caused the loss. If he'd just hit Santana with that sock, everything would have been fine.

I don't have a problem with Nick jobbing to Fenix, although it's another loss for them and a lot of fans (myself included) aren't super aware of the Young Bucks history, them losing constantly isn't really establishing them to me. So, while I think it's fine that Nick would lose to someone more familiar with singles work, I actually like that logic, I'm not entirely sure it was a wise move to book the match to begin with. I think at this point, the Young Bucks need a couple squash matches where they shine and get over with new viewers.

Main event was good but didn't really feel like a ME matchup. I like Darby but he's painfully small.

Also, not a fan of Sonny Kiss. Why is it the gay guy has to be overly sexual and grinding and chit? You don't see the women doing that. He's clearly flamingly gay and I don't have an issue with that but why does the gay guy have to constantly bring their sexuality into everything in ways nobody else ever does? TV14 for all the wrong reasons.

Gunn looks insane for 56. Insane for 25. Just in incredible shape, clearly using the test supplement they advertise on TNT. Kind of unsure about booking him as a monster, though, while he is a big dude, he was never used like that in his career. For him to show up and be booked like that does nothing for him but just reminds people the AEW roster are almost all very small.
    Reminder list: Clickbait, seven11, z4v4, ceizer1985, SkinnyKappa, maverickTT1, KINGFABIAN, TheScapeGOAT

cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finished the show last night, still need to try (again) with NXT.

Good show but none of the highs of previous ones, nothing really was Wow-level. Nothing really awful, either, which last week had a couple Meh moments.

I wasn't a fan of PnP losing cleanly or this 50/50 booking in general, the company is new so I've been waiting to see how things play out but overall there isn't enough rhyme/reason to things. The way PnP and Private Party have been booked, if PnP was going to lose (fine) there should have been much stronger interference from Nick Jackson which would have directly caused the loss. If he'd just hit Santana with that sock, everything would have been fine.

I don't have a problem with Nick jobbing to Fenix, although it's another loss for them and a lot of fans (myself included) aren't super aware of the Young Bucks history, them losing constantly isn't really establishing them to me. So, while I think it's fine that Nick would lose to someone more familiar with singles work, I actually like that logic, I'm not entirely sure it was a wise move to book the match to begin with. I think at this point, the Young Bucks need a couple squash matches where they shine and get over with new viewers.

Main event was good but didn't really feel like a ME matchup. I like Darby but he's painfully small.

Also, not a fan of Sonny Kiss. Why is it the gay guy has to be overly sexual and grinding and chit? You don't see the women doing that. He's clearly flamingly gay and I don't have an issue with that but why does the gay guy have to constantly bring their sexuality into everything in ways nobody else ever does? TV14 for all the wrong reasons.

Gunn looks insane for 56. Insane for 25. Just in incredible shape, clearly using the test supplement they advertise on TNT. Kind of unsure about booking him as a monster, though, while he is a big dude, he was never used like that in his career. For him to show up and be booked like that does nothing for him but just reminds people the AEW roster are almost all very small.
    I think it’s actually smart for the Elite to position themselves like they are, so as faces they have to overcome obstacles to eventually get to the top. Especially, since most of the audience knows them better than everyone else except for Jericho.

I also don’t mind Darby because he’s “quicker than a hiccup” and is reckless with his body in doing moves. He wrestles like he’s in a fight for his life (which he kind of would be in real life) and like he doesn’t care if he kills himself in the ring.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. -C.S. Lewis

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cheerupemokid View Post
    I also don’t mind Darby because he’s “quicker than a hiccup” and is reckless with his body in doing moves. He wrestles like he’s in a fight for his life (which he kind of would be in real life) and like he doesn’t care if he kills himself in the ring.
    Agree, he's small but he's built and moves like an athlete, so I can forgive his size and accept him. His punches are chit, though, and he needs to work on them.

I do think he has a place on the roster, so I wouldn't group him with guys like Marco Stunt (who I think is being misused) or Janela/Havok (who need to be sent back to the minors). With Stunt, I've said it before, but in a manager/valet/mascot role he would be more than fine - probably thrive, I just can not accept him as a wrestler.

I brought up the minor leagues, and I think in many ways AEW presents itself as a legitimate top-level company: Production is comparable to the WWE (worse in some ways but better in others), the announcing is top-level (I think the best right now), the storylines and storytelling are also probably as good or better than anything out there.

However, the roster itself is thin and full of guys who are unestablished, green and too many who are indy-level. Alin, Private Party, I personally like Kip Sabian, these guys can be seasoned, others like PAC or Page are almost there, but there are just too many guys who have no potential.

I'm sure they will address this over the coming weeks and months, particularly when some ROH talent get the chance to jump ship.
    Reminder list: Clickbait, seven11, z4v4, ceizer1985, SkinnyKappa, maverickTT1, KINGFABIAN, TheScapeGOAT

Agree, he's small but he's built and moves like an athlete, so I can forgive his size and accept him. His punches are chit, though, and he needs to work on them.

I do think he has a place on the roster, so I wouldn't group him with guys like Marco Stunt (who I think is being misused) or Janela/Havok (who need to be sent back to the minors). With Stunt, I've said it before, but in a manager/valet/mascot role he would be more than fine - probably thrive, I just can not accept him as a wrestler.

I brought up the minor leagues, and I think in many ways AEW presents itself as a legitimate top-level company: Production is comparable to the WWE (worse in some ways but better in others), the announcing is top-level (I think the best right now), the storylines and storytelling are also probably as good or better than anything out there.

However, the roster itself is thin and full of guys who are unestablished, green and too many who are indy-level. Alin, Private Party, I personally like Kip Sabian, these guys can be seasoned, others like PAC or Page are almost there, but there are just too many guys who have no potential.

I'm sure they will address this over the coming weeks and months, particularly when some ROH talent get the chance to jump ship.
    The thin roster thing is kind of an inevitability with how many guys WWE has under contract (they essentially bought the entire UK independent scene) and all of the other independents that have guys under contract. I think it’ll balance out in the next year or two.

I think Marty Scurll’s contract expires at the end of this month and given his relationship with the Elite it seems like a fait accompli that he’ll be in AEW (unless maybe WWE offers him stupid money just to spite AEW). And I think some other ROH guys contracts expire at the end of the year.

I think talent wise they’ll probably be in a much better position this time next year. The green guys will hopefully have gotten better and they’ll have signed some new talent. Hopefully, Stunt never wrestles and Janela and Havoc are just job guys by then.

Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000) Jay89LDN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Billy Gunn still looking like a beast.

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Didn't MJFs physique look way worse a couple of weeks ago?

Originally Posted by I3igAl View Post
    Didn't MJFs physique look way worse a couple of weeks ago?
    No, I don’t think so. He was pretty big this summer when he posted his gym selfie mocking Brandon Cutler for playing Dungeons and Dragons. He’s one of the few indy guys they signed that really improved his physique after getting signed by AEW.