sabakhan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Should I Work Here for Ever? Anxiety Advice?

I hope someone reads this … I’ve been a web developer for two years now. I don’t see myself growing in this company and don’t get me wrong I like working in this kind of environment but I need a bigger challenge. And now you are all probably thinking: Maybe go to another company where I can assume more responsibilities? I know, the thing is that I’m terrified of leaving my job. I’m afraid to change and I get really bad anxiety. But at the same time, I get anxiety by thinking I’ll be working here forever…. Any advice?

Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Find security in your financial situation. Pay off any debts if you have any, build up a 6 months emergency fund in the event you get let go sometime down the road, preferably in that order you should do those two things. It's always nice to know that you've got plenty of time to find another job, giving you the freedom to quit if you're in a toxic situation or to lose fear of being let go.

The above should make you feel secure in one area at least.

Beyond that, since you're already employed, you have the ability to go job shopping while still working. And this in itself gives YOU all the power. Start looking into jobs, and get yourself into interviews for plausible options, such that you're answering their questions but also throwing questions back at them, particularly in the nature of "is there growth potential" and "what is the work life balance like?" You'll also have the power to decline job offers, and have the power to negotiate salary as well.

Point is, if you're feeling like the job you're at isn't for you in the long term, then do something about it. And remember that you're the one that has the power to control your financial stability, and you're the one that has the power to control your job shopping / acceptance.

Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would create some sort of income generating side business.
    Cover your expenses.
    You'll be free to find a new job without being stressed about paying bills.
    You could also leave on a good note and say you want some time away from the company. Keep the door open.
    "I've watched a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing."

"The Best Revenge is Massive Success"

RIP Duckenheimer

noorkhan4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m so sorry you are in this situation. If I were you I’d first look for a job and in the interview, ask for chances to grow your career. Once you find it if you are still on the fence talk to your actual boss and tell him/her that you love being here but you need to grow, you’ve been working in the same place for 2 years and you want new challenges. Also, make sure to mention that if that is not possible you have a job offer waiting for you. Just be honest and nice. Who knows! Maybe they give you more responsibilities or maybe you love even more your new job in the other company!

haniakhan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, I also suffer from anxiety and I know how hard is to feel you need to change something even though you don’t like change. But if you do nothing you are letting anxiety win. I really like Noor’s advice. Try to move on and find something elsewhere they assure your career growth (or maybe a higher position) and once you get the job if you are still on the fence talk to your current boss and let them know why this is happening. This way you can only win because either way, you’ll get a better job!!

sabakhan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for supporting me. Any other advice where do I search for vacancies and also thinking to move UAE. I’m already pissed off searching for vacancies and your guide will be much appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance!