Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Strange lack of appetite

Hello

Normally I am always hungry, I have to eat a lot and eat fast to actually feel full.

Anyway I normally do lower reps but about 6-7 months ago I switched to higher reps and did that for about 2-3 months and over the course of it my appetite withered away to a point where getting just 2.5k cals became a struggle, I felt full with ease and I could eat lunch and not feel hungry for dinner.
    So I switched back to lower reps and my appetite returned. About 2 weeks ago I switched back to higher reps and just like last time my appetite was gone.

I have a full time job with atypical hours and I am struggling to get even 2k cals in let alone what I need.

Why the hell would switching to higher reps cause this problem?

Thanks

1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Were you using more weight on the lower rep scheme when compared to higher rep?

Lower reps>Use more weight>Increased demand on body>Higher caloric need.
    Strong mind + Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE

Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corbachev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Were you using more weight on the lower rep scheme when compared to higher rep?

Lower reps>Use more weight>Increased demand on body>Higher caloric need.
    Heavier weights but lower volume. I just don't understand why eating 2k cals is so hard atm. Even before I started lifting I could annihilate a pizza like a starving peasant, but now if I eat 2-3 slices i start feeling full.

1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Corbachev View Post
    Heavier weights but lower volume. I just don't understand why eating 2k cals is so hard atm. Even before I started lifting I could annihilate a pizza like a starving peasant, but now if I eat 2-3 slices i start feeling full.
    Do also some cardio if you are not already. Just light steady state for 15-20min after training. Will improve appetite.
    Strong mind + Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    u on C18H26O2 or C28H44O3?

If so that could be why.

Wake up. suck down some yummy chocolate milk. or yummy fruit juice. get that blood sugar and insulin up and leptin lower
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Do also some cardio if you are not already. Just light steady state for 15-20min after training. Will improve appetite.
    I have been doing cardio for ages. It never makes me hungry though.

Originally Posted by allrnder View Post
    u on C18H26O2 or C28H44O3?

If so that could be why.

Wake up. suck down some yummy chocolate milk. or yummy fruit juice. get that blood sugar and insulin up and leptin lower
    Nah, my balls are not big enough to risk using roids.

Thanks, Liquids are much much easier to get down so I guess that my best option for now.

Still, this is whole thing is strange so I will just lose some weight and go back to low reps, problem solved.

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Corbachev View Post
    I have been doing cardio for ages. It never makes me hungry though.

Nah, my balls are not big enough to risk using roids.

Thanks, Liquids are much much easier to get down so I guess that my best option for now.

Still, this is whole thing is strange so I will just lose some weight and go back to low reps, problem solved.
    eat a packet of chips. a large packet has like 800 calories in it. i can easily smash 2 whole packets lol

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Since you've discovered a pattern, when on high rep regimen, I would just eat more high calorie food such as nuts, fattier cuts of meat (whilst watching cholesterol levels), cooking with oil. Fats is the best way to get in cals and not feel full IMO. Drink a shot of olive oil if you need to.

If fluctuating appetite bothers you and you would prefer to always have a good appetite, then why not just stay on the lower rep regimen and adjust calories accordingly in terms of your weight goals? You could also look into Fierce 5 routine which has you doing a combination of lower and higher rep exercises and see how you respond to that. If you on your own routine, you likely ain't doing it right anyway.

MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50) MCGican will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lower repetitions cause a greater need for calories.
    You began to use more weight. Right?

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's interesting to me.

I could be wrong I suppose but I figured higher rep, lower weight training would burn more calories in a session and cause more hunger rather than the opposite. Have your food choices changed in any way?
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

ever done a super heavy set, exhausted and out of breath? heart rate through the roof?

Low reps and hugh weight can burn more calories. try adding more volume

Lift and learn.

Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by allrnder View Post
    ever done a super heavy set, exhausted and out of breath? heart rate through the roof?

Low reps and hugh weight can burn more calories. try adding more volume
    This, but higher reps shouldn’t mean lower intensity. I can be destroyed after 5 weighted pull-ups, or I can be dying after 20+ consecutive pull-ups.

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Nedo View Post
    Since you've discovered a pattern, when on high rep regimen, I would just eat more high calorie food such as nuts, fattier cuts of meat (whilst watching cholesterol levels), cooking with oil. Fats is the best way to get in cals and not feel full IMO. Drink a shot of olive oil if you need to.

If fluctuating appetite bothers you and you would prefer to always have a good appetite, then why not just stay on the lower rep regimen and adjust calories accordingly in terms of your weight goals? You could also look into Fierce 5 routine which has you doing a combination of lower and higher rep exercises and see how you respond to that. If you on your own routine, you likely ain't doing it right anyway.
    do people actually take shots of olive oil?

so nasty tasting id imagine
    Trump 2020