RatioStrain is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bodycraft HFT any opinions?

I'm looking at the whole gamut of these machines.....I was getting an estimate on a Cybex Bravo, but the salesman said he really liked the Bodycraft HFT for a third of the price of the Cybex (because he bought a shipping container full of Bodycraft).

I'm still very interested in the Cybex, but might as well see if there are any thoughts in here. The other contender is the Inpsire FT1 with a very similar price.....so it is best for direct comparison to the Bodycraft.

Side note: In looking for reviews on this kind of stuff, well, the internet has been totally taken over by fake "review" sites that seem to be nothing more than hustlers of the products. They say almost nothing negative and quickly link you to the sales sites.

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Never used one, but I can make a few observations based on the photos and specs. It's not in the same class as the FT1:

1. The HFT uses bolts for all the connections. The FT1 is welded together, bolts are only used to connect the left and right sides. The FT will be more rigid and stable than the HFT.

2. The HFT is lacking a third vertical support column found on the FT1. It's definitely a lighter-weight unit.

3. Speaking of weight, the FT1 has 100lbs+ on the HFT.

4. The vertical pulley adjustment system on the HFT just uses nylon bushings on a single rod. The FT1 uses a dual rod/track system with a spring loaded metal latch. No comparison.

Ha! Thanks for the feedback. I'm bothering these forums a lot and you've been a help.

I'm not very savvy about pullies and such, so thanks for that analysis. If I go for the less expensive stuff, I suppose I'll gun for the Inspire.

Originally Posted by piratelifebad View Post
    Never used one, but I can make a few observations based on the photos and specs. It's not in the same class as the FT1:

1. The HFT uses bolts for all the connections. The FT1 is welded together, bolts are only used to connect the left and right sides. The FT will be more rigid and stable than the HFT.

2. The HFT is lacking a third vertical support column found on the FT1. It's definitely a lighter-weight unit.

3. Speaking of weight, the FT1 has 100lbs+ on the HFT.

4. The vertical pulley adjustment system on the HFT just uses nylon bushings on a single rod. The FT1 uses a dual rod/track system with a spring loaded metal latch. No comparison.

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RatioStrain View Post
    Ha! Thanks for the feedback. I'm bothering these forums a lot and you've been a help.

I'm not very savvy about pullies and such, so thanks for that analysis. If I go for the less expensive stuff, I suppose I'll gun for the Inspire.
    Have you looked at the FT-5000 from Rep Fitness? It's only been out around a year, and I think the maximum height at the carabiner is lower than some other models, but it's very heavy and the sides are welded, similar to the FT1.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

That FT-5000 looks great. One reason that I like it is also the reason that I probably wouldn't want it: it is too wide for my space.

Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    Have you looked at the FT-5000 from Rep Fitness? It's only been out around a year, and I think the maximum height at the carabiner is lower than some other models, but it's very heavy and the sides are welded, similar to the FT1.

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm looking at the whole gamut of these machines.....I was getting an estimate on a Cybex Bravo, but the salesman said he really liked the Bodycraft HFT for a third of the price of the Cybex (because he bought a shipping container full of Bodycraft).

I'm still very interested in the Cybex, but might as well see if there are any thoughts in here. The other contender is the Inpsire FT1 with a very similar price.....so it is best for direct comparison to the Bodycraft.

Side note: In looking for reviews on this kind of stuff, well, the internet has been totally taken over by fake "review" sites that seem to be nothing more than hustlers of the products. They say almost nothing negative and quickly link you to the sales sites.
    I own the Bodycraft HFT. I don't regret it. It's super smooth and has more adjustment points than other functional trainers. It also fits perfectly in the corner and takes up very little space. It's built well enough to last a lifetime and I believe Bodycraft will replace anything with it if it breaks.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

I threw in the towel and bought the bodycraft....it'll be installed tomorrow. It has a good guarantee, like most, for residential use.
    It will be perfectly adequate and, at the very least, I won't have the buyer's regret from buying the insanely great but also insanely expensive Cybex.
    If I find that this thing isn't working out.... screw it.... I'll sell it for nearly nothing, bite the bullet, and drop the cash on the Cybex machine.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I threw in the towel and bought the bodycraft....it'll be installed tomorrow. It has a good guarantee, like most, for residential use.
    It will be perfectly adequate and, at the very least, I won't have the buyer's regret from buying the insanely great but also insanely expensive Cybex.
    If I find that this thing isn't working out.... screw it.... I'll sell it for nearly nothing, bite the bullet, and drop the cash on the Cybex machine.
    I sincerely hope you don't regret your decision, I compromised and bought a Exigo commercial functional trainer, a very decent unit, but I kept coming back to the Bravo.

I was lucky, When I found my Bravo I already had a colleague waiting for my old ft, I still lost about $400 on the old unit, but I picked up a mint Bravo for 40% of the list price.

Congratulations on your purchase. "Now just forget about the Bravo".