Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
    YouTube premium crew
    Don’t know those feels and download most things to watch on the train
    This. Youtube premium is pretty good.

pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Johnez View Post
    One of the reasons I don't watch chit on YouTube anymore. I don't trust adblockers. How do these free apps make money? How do you know they're not skimming info off you?

Also, lol to people using YouTube to listen to music. Spotify Premium-student account. $5 a month, 4 years. Worth it.
    Most Adblockers like uBlock Origin are worked on in their spare time by volunteers and rely on crowdfunding. Other ones like Ghostery (which is great and I highly recommend) will allow some tracker sites to be allowed by default unless you manually go in and block them and it also has a "rewards program" and does some anonymous tracking stats in the background that I assume they generate a revenue stream off somehow, but they also make other paid software in addition to their freeware.

Also, I've never used Brave browser, but I currently use Opera and I can't recommend it enough. It has built in ad and tracker blocking, a free VPN, and it's based on Chromium so it supports Chrome addons.
    I don't neg/infract/ban if you disagree with me in a civil discussion on any topic. ☮️
    Old blog, articles are still good even though many URLs are broken: http://pogue972.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter! I post lots of interesting stuff: https://twitter.com/pogue25 🐤
    I prefer email or Twitter for contact. However, you can PM me. My email is listed below.
    Email: http://scr.im/pogue 📧
    Required Reading: http://bit.ly/CandleinTheDark 🕯️

[_]Living [X]Living Dead nkiritsis13's Avatar
    nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Android users, my solution to you is Youtube Vanced.

Ads? Gone.
    Playlist interruptions? No more.
    What's that, you want to play videos in the background? Vanced has you covered.

One of the best parts is root is not required, using an additional MicroG app to facilitate Vanced.

But on the subject of complaining about Youtube ads, what gets me is why can't we just go back to the days of slapping a banner advertisement that stays up the entire time and call it a day? I refuse to believe that there are enough drywall-eating morons who are capable enough to use a phone and manage to be convinced by a video ad randomly shoved in their face to make this a worthwhile investment for companies.

All video ads have ever done for me is build an immediate aversion, if not outright hatred for the company making them, while making people like myself actively go out of their way to avoid watching these ads whatsoever, denying them any return.

I mean, these companies have to go out of their way and make an entire video, often casting real human actors reading off godawful entire scripts with the knowledge that they are ruining 30+ seconds of somebody's day, all instead of slapping together a static image.

*Side complaint about Youtube, but why is it that in 2019, we still have things like the fade-in timestamp/play/pause menu on desktop and mobile videos? Can't they just stick a permanent bar below the bloody video, only using the fade-in method when there is no other option (full screen)?

Just one of many reasons why I refuse to pay Google for anything at this point; they get everyone's data, but I'm not shelling out for their lack of commitment to already mediocre services.

Originally Posted by pogue View Post
    Most Adblockers like uBlock Origin are worked on in their spare time by volunteers and rely on crowdfunding. Other ones like Ghostery (which is great and I highly recommend) will allow some tracker sites to be allowed by default unless you manually go in and block them and it also has a "rewards program" and does some anonymous tracking stats in the background that I assume they generate a revenue stream off somehow, but they also make other paid software in addition to their freeware.

Also, I've never used Brave browser, but I currently use Opera and I can't recommend it enough. It has built in ad and tracker blocking, a free VPN, and it's based on Chromium so it supports Chrome addons.
    The only reason I'm weary of Opera is that it was bought out by a Chinese company.

That said, I can vouch for Brave on both Desktop and Mobile (as well as Vivaldi on Desktop). It and Vivaldi use the Chromium engine, so they also have the benefit of Chrome addon compatibility, but these companies have stood firm in not blocking or crippling adblockers like Google.

For the unaware, Google is planning to roll out an update that will greatly limit the effectiveness of adblockers. Google might claim otherwise, but taking the word of Google is foolish in and of itself, let alone any ad company like Google.

Anyway, I highly recommend Brave for a Chrome replacement to anyone looking for alternatives. As it turns out, the real strength is Chromium, not Chrome, so once you switch to something not being tainted by Google's inept, anti-consumer designs, you get all of the benefits of the actually good part.
    I will stand firm, I refuse to kneel - The fury in me is divine
    My dark grave awaits, my fate is revealed - But I'm not afraid to die

If you have any problems or need advice, feel free to ask

pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz pogue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by nkiritsis13 View Post
    The only reason I'm weary of Opera is that it was bought out by a Chinese company.
    I looked it up and you are right. That sucks, but it's getting really hard to avoid anything and everything owned by China. It seems to be just one businessman bought a majority stake, so it's not like a big company with ties to the communist party like Huawai, NetEase, or Tencent. So, I feel like there's less opportunity for interference when you have that kind of relationship. It's still owned and operated out of Norway.

Originally Posted by nkiritsis13 View Post
    For the unaware, Google is planning to roll out an update that will greatly limit the effectiveness of adblockers. Google might claim otherwise, but taking the word of Google is foolish in and of itself, let alone any ad company like Google.
    Opera's proprietary version of the Chromium engine they use called Blink has promised they won't allow that feature to be implemented in their browser, so that's another plus for them in my book.
    I don't neg/infract/ban if you disagree with me in a civil discussion on any topic. ☮️
    Old blog, articles are still good even though many URLs are broken: http://pogue972.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on Twitter! I post lots of interesting stuff: https://twitter.com/pogue25 🐤
    I prefer email or Twitter for contact. However, you can PM me. My email is listed below.
    Email: http://scr.im/pogue 📧
    Required Reading: http://bit.ly/CandleinTheDark 🕯️

GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GolfPants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just hate how I always get the exact same ads. Months ago I was in the market for a new mattress so I did a bunch of google research on various brands and models. I started getting non-stop Purple ads when watching youtube videos. Ok targeted advertising, fair enough. However, I made a decision and bought a mattress (simmons beautyrest hnng) and I'm still getting nothing but Purple ads on youtube fukking 6 months later. I chit you not like 95% of the ads I see are for Purple mattresses.

I don't get it. It's not like I haven't googled anything else over those 6 months. Why won't they try to sell me something else?
    I call it "Celebration". It's sexual, and violent...

New Jersey Crew (732)

nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I looked it up and you are right. That sucks, but it's getting really hard to avoid anything and everything owned by China. It seems to be just one businessman bought a majority stake, so it's not like a big company with ties to the communist party like Huawai, NetEase, or Tencent. So, I feel like there's less opportunity for interference when you have that kind of relationship. It's still owned and operated out of Norway.
    For sure, and I'm with you on feeling much more confident in Opera over a company with stakes in the likes of Tencent*.

*Another for anyone unaware, Tencent might be a "company," but it is effectively the technology wing of the Chinese Communist Party.

Opera's proprietary version of the Chromium engine they use called Blink has promised they won't allow that feature to be implemented in their browser, so that's another plus for them in my book.
    Yeah, I didn't want to say without knowing for sure, but I could have sworn reading that Opera was alongside Vivaldi and Brave to continue updating their Chromium engines separately from Google.

I haven't read anything contrary as of yet, but Microsoft's Edge was announced to switch to Chromium as well, however they have not commented on adjusting their own end of the API to differentiate itself from Chrome once Google rolls out the update.

I'm really 47(no default) RICHSTRONG's Avatar
    RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RICHSTRONG has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How long do you get to keep it for? Do you have to be a new customer to sign up and be eligible?

Is this what you're talking about?

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.schabi.newpipe/

I mentioned the AdGuard DNS and Android apps earlier, but I guess the posts were too long and nobody read them. There is also an app called Blokada which essentially does the same thing, but there is no premium version like with AdGuard (AFAIK). You have to enable installing from unknown sources though.

Both Blakada and the Android AdGuard come up 100% clean on virustotal.com.
    Blakada: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/e...59f6/detection
    AdGuard DNS: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...ea43/detection
    Yep, that's it. It also lets you download the actual videos as well in Mp4 format to watch later. Not that i watch a ton of videos but my kids do so they generally save stuff to watch when we are on the road.
    Founder of <HTC> [Hi Test Crew]
    HTC Legionem autem multi sumus (Latin)

We are HTC Legion For we are many

^Blokada or Adguard DNS are incredible tools that everyone should look into for their mobiles.

It's interesting to check in now and then to see just how many ad sites have been blocked (prepare for numbers in the tens to hundreds of thousands really quick).

*Edit - Can confirm that Blokada is 100% free. When you download now, there is a paid VPN offer that you do not need whatsoever, so feel free to ignore that.

Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still not sure why anyone is using anything other than brave
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

brave browser crew

GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000) GixxerSixxer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How long do you get to keep it for? Do you have to be a new customer to sign up and be eligible?
    Indefinitely. I still have it.

Nope, I was already an existing Spotify member

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Other than being inundated with ads, I also think that the content on youtube has really gotten crappy recently. It's very obvious that it's all driven by monetisation and it's either very shallow or just repetitive.

Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Indeed. Used to listen to short podcasts or music on youtube while in shower but now with 2 ads before and 2 ads after each video it is kinda impossible to do so. And if a video has no ads youtube will put its own ad.

With an adblocking app it is fine on a Pc but might aswell delete youtube on mobile phones.
    In love with country music crew*

CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CHARBACK is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    isn't there any other youtube alternate? It can't be that hard to make a website to upload some bull**** videos.
    *creampie crew*