allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

trans fats. natural vs industrial.

Hi all.

so is there any update on hydrogenated industrial trans fats HITFA's and naturally occurring trans fatty acids?

My current understanding is that HITFA's should be consumed as little as possible. consuming a tiny amount say 2 or 3g per day from general cooking is ok. Natural occurring trans fats is a good idea to avoid as well but dont have the same effect as HITFA's. So if you are consuming 10% of your calories from animal fats and the natural trans fats in that will be fine.

Any new research papers on this?

I currently only have this> https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-liv...fats/trans-fat

Thanks in advance,.
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Last I looked into it ruminant (natural) trans fats are likely healthier than industrial based on different properties but people naturally consume ruminant trans fats at ~1/3 to ~1/2 the value of industrial and thus it's not clear if different health effects are due to the different chemical nature or the fact that people eat less of them. I can provide a reference if desired.

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Last I looked into it ruminant (natural) trans fats are likely healthier than industrial based on different properties but people naturally consume ruminant trans fats at ~1/3 to ~1/2 the value of industrial and thus it's not clear if different health effects are due to the different chemical nature or the fact that people eat less of them. I can provide a reference if desired.
    Hi mate. thanks. yeah a reference would be good. i do have one somewhere but its on rats only

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    https://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h3978 - you can scroll down to the "Industrially produced v ruminant derived trans fats" section.

Thanks mate. reading now.

Lift and learn.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Perhaps interesting:

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    Hey everyone,

1) Thanks Ironwill for alerting me to this thread.

2) The evidence basis for making attempts to completely avoid industrial trans fats (as opposed to keeping them to a low roar at most, of course within a sound overall program) is sketchy. By sketchy, I mean that the majority of the available published data examine industrial TFA intakes that are many times greater than the average. It's entirely possible that iTFAs' adverse effects, like virtually all consumable compounds in the commercial food supply, are only present above a certain threshold. Below this threshold, effects would be biologically neutral, or virtually undetectable & therefore practically meaningless - especially within the context of an otherwise well-constructed diet & lifestyle. Of course, the burning question is what this threshold actually might be. Here's the current state of the evidence, there are still lingering questions & rather wide gaps in the literature: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27394654

Unfortunately the full text of this paper is not publicly available. Feel free to email me (support at alanaragon.com) and we can discuss this, since I don't feel good about posting the paper here for everyone to grab; Elsevier has been known to be b1tchy about copyright.
    My take: personally I'd avoid iTFAs as much as possible. See for example: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2530902