johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for a higher rep, lower weight program

I've been running Strong Lifts 5x5 for about 1.5 months. I have a labor intensive job that's interfering with my workout. Thinking about trying something with a little less intensity and a little more volume. Would the SL program coupled with a different set and rep scheme be good? Something like 4x9 or 3x10? I was thinking of changing progression to where I only add weight if I can complete the workout with only 1 min rest between sets. If I need more rest then I repeat the weight, if I complete it with 1 min rest I add 5lbs. Maybe 10 on DL. With DL I was thinking maybe 1x10 or 2x5. I also do alternating dips and chinups/pullups and every workout includes curls and calf raises 3x10. Would this be a decently balanced program focused a little more on size gain? I workout at home and currently only have access to a barbell.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Coupling - no.

If you really want something with more reps - check out the Vikings the Bare Bones fullbody
    Skwat bench ded
    but still DYEL?

12 pack > 6 pack PurmaBulker1984's Avatar
    PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree with HeMB that going to a rep goal strategy would be a good change of pace. At least you'll get a mental break from trying to hit 5 reps every set. But don't fool yourself into thinking that 'lower' weight and 'higher' volume is going to make you less fatigued. Vikings will actually increases the effective sets by quite a bit. Whether you change programs or stay with SL 5x5, you are going to be stepping back for awhile until your body can adjust to the workout plus work schedule.
    160 lbs and jacked is about as impressive as D cups on a 300lb woman

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Volume is harder to recovering from than intensity..

Why 1 minute rest
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypotseed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I like the looks of Vikings Bare Bones Full Body, but there's several exercises I can't do with only a barbell. One of the downsides of a cheap home setup I reckon. Would doing normal rows for cable rows and wide grip pullups for wide grip pulldowns suffice? IDK what to do with things like leg curls.

My main issue with wanting to switch is form, as well as wanting a little more focus on hypertrophy. I can often put the weight up to proceed to the next workout, but my form is getting worse and worse every time I add weight. Particularly with squats (I finally failed two sets of squats today), and I've already failed on OHP twice in the past couple weeks. On both exercises my form is starting to suffer quite a lot and the program just says add weight or repeat. I don't feel like I'm really helping if my form is shoddy. At work my legs, lower back and shoulders get the brunt of the work.

I'm not really sure why 1 minute rest lol. I've just heard mention of lessening the rest time instead of adding weight for a similar, but more controllable effect and more hypertrophy.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by johnnypotseed View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I like the looks of Vikings Bare Bones Full Body, but there's several exercises I can't do with only a barbell. One of the downsides of a cheap home setup I reckon. Would doing normal rows for cable rows and wide grip pullups for wide grip pulldowns suffice? IDK what to do with things like leg curls.

My main issue with wanting to switch is form, as well as wanting a little more focus on hypertrophy. I can often put the weight up to proceed to the next workout, but my form is getting worse and worse every time I add weight. Particularly with squats (I finally failed two sets of squats today), and I've already failed on OHP twice in the past couple weeks. On both exercises my form is starting to suffer quite a lot and the program just says add weight or repeat. I don't feel like I'm really helping if my form is shoddy. At work my legs, lower back and shoulders get the brunt of the work.

I'm not really sure why 1 minute rest lol. I've just heard mention of lessening the rest time instead of adding weight for a similar, but more controllable effect and more hypertrophy.
    Lowering the rest time will lead to less hypertrophy most of the time.
    I certainly wouldn't use it as a form of progress for lifting. Only for endurance based goals.

The rest just sounds like lp doesn't suit you, so yes run something autoregulated.
    Barbell medicine beginner template would be
    My suggestion, the first section of it is available free.
    Greyskull lp is also an option but I'd go with the first suggestion if you are willing
    2018 Log

RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000)

Surprised no one has mentioned Fierce 5 - a good mix of low, moderate and high reps and manageable with a home gym, especially if you have dumbbells as well.
    Height: 185cm (6'1")
    Weight: 76.6kg (169lb)

Current working weights:
    Bench - 6 x 50kg (110lb), 3 x 57.5kg (127lb)
    Front squat - 6 x 57.5kg (127lb)
    Back squat - 3 x 70kg (154lb)
    RDL - 6 x 77.5kg (171b)
    Deadlift - 3 x 90kg (198lb)
    Push Press - 6 x 47.5kg (105lb)

dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been running Strong Lifts 5x5 for about 1.5 months. I have a labor intensive job that's interfering with my workout. Thinking about trying something with a little less intensity and a little more volume. Would the SL program coupled with a different set and rep scheme be good? Something like 4x9 or 3x10? I was thinking of changing progression to where I only add weight if I can complete the workout with only 1 min rest between sets. If I need more rest then I repeat the weight, if I complete it with 1 min rest I add 5lbs. Maybe 10 on DL. With DL I was thinking maybe 1x10 or 2x5. I also do alternating dips and chinups/pullups and every workout includes curls and calf raises 3x10. Would this be a decently balanced program focused a little more on size gain? I workout at home and currently only have access to a barbell.
    if you have a labor intensive job doing higher reps with short rest periods isn't the answer. this is typical bro thinking of what they think is better for hypertrophy when evidence suggests that it actually isn't. doing more volume is actually harder on recovery overall. if you want to run something different run greyskull lp

I'm reading through the programs suggested and am really liking Greyskull LP. The last 1x5+ set seems like a really nice idea, and the freedom to add exercises and autoregulation. I'm still researching the other suggestions too. I unfortunately do not have dumbbells, only the barbell and a bench/squat setup. I can get some in the future, but for now looking for something I can do with the barbell. Leaning towards deloading and using that weight to start Greyskull tomorrow, but still got some reading to do. Thanks for all the help.

Is this a good variation of Greyskull? I found this on this website from 2015. I may add in curls and calf raises 2x10, 1x10+. I assume the squats and DL alternate, so the following week on Monday I would do DL 1x5+, Wed do Squats 3x5+, and Fri DL again, or do you keep DL once a week?

Edit: I was also thinking about keeping squats as first exercise, but I'm unsure.
    Attached Images

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't think those are reasons to prefer higher reps either - but if you want to try All Pros Simple Beginners Routine, it would suit you I think.

Is this a good variation of Greyskull? I found this on this website from 2015. I may add in curls and calf raises 2x10, 1x10+. I assume the squats and DL alternate, so the following week on Monday I would do DL 1x5+, Wed do Squats 3x5+, and Fri DL again, or do you keep DL once a week?

Edit: I was also thinking about keeping squats as first exercise, but I'm unsure.
    I vastly prefer the original to phraks
    2018 Log

WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I switched from fierce 5 to boring but big, because increasing the weight so often was pissing off my rotator cuff.

That's a fairly light weight program, with more reps. I'm gonna run that for a few cycles, then switch to another version I just found in the new book, because it feels weird only training a lift once a week

Regardless, it's accomplished the goal. Growth seems better in the last month since i switched. My shoulders aren't so pissed, and the weights that felt heavy when I started are now going for sets of 10 without bothering my shoulders.